F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
Angle on The strap Made a big difference on traction.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
838 Posts
Angle on The strap Made a big difference on traction. Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
Ohhh you mean flat??

Reactions: leverkyle

·
Registered
13,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ohhh you mean flat??
No I think he means the ford was down not one but 2 inches. It helps #best

Sent from my space grey 5S using an aPP called Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,427 Posts
Ford looks like it's sitting lower than the dodge.. The strap would be pulling the dodge rear end down, helping the dodge with traction. Unless my logic is wrong...

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
Ford looks like it's sitting lower than the dodge.. The strap would be pulling the dodge rear end down, helping the dodge with traction. Unless my logic is wrong...

Being lower is helping the Ford.

Dodge had less traction.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
The Cummins pretty much just blows his tires off the whole time. That's why he can't get traction....

·
Registered
741 Posts
The higher truck always has a advantage...the fords pulling the rear end of the dodge down helping the dodge gain traction and the dodge is pulling the fords rear end up making it loose traction... Hookin the strap doesnt prove much its more of a fight between who has more traction not more power

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
The higher truck always has a advantage...the fords pulling the rear end of the dodge down helping the dodge gain traction and the dodge is pulling the fords rear end up making it loose traction... Hookin the strap doesnt prove much its more of a fight between who has more traction not more power
Bingo.
The higher truck definitely has the advantage. I would think that the diesel has the torque advantage as well. What we just witnessed was that the Ford even with its height disadvantage was able to hook more power to the ground in the tug of war. This is a testament to the suspension geometry of the F150. It simply works better. That Dodge appeared to be a couple of generations old so results may change with a current model. Cool video.

·
Registered
13,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yw

Sent from my white iPad3 in a RED smart case using an app called Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
Cool video

It's the Thuggish Ruggish Bone

Fired from the other forum... thrice

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
The best

It's the Thuggish Ruggish Bone

Fired from the other forum... thrice

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
Bestest! Ya I agree that the higher truck has advantage. Stupid dodges

·
Registered
106 Posts
I had a little truck pull with my buddy a few weeks ago. Of course I have the Crew Cab 2013 XLT Ecoboost all stock and he has an 2008 F150 Extended Cab 4x4 5.4L on 35" All Terrain tires.

We pulled in 2wd to make it fair, I thought I was gunna smoke him but neither of us gained any ground, we both just started spinning tires.... hhhmmmm

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
Have you tried this?

"You can't buy a good reputation."

–Me

1 - 20 of 24 Posts