F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning when I stopped at autozone to get some supplies for my retrofit project. I noticed something was my right with my door lock.

Apparently someone tried to get into my truck, with what I am guessing was a screwdriver. The lock is busted up and non functional and there is a mark from whatever tool they used in my plastic handle surround.

The damage isn't the the huge issue in my mind, as it's minimal. I'm just pretty pis**d that someone would try to break into my truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
99 Posts
Had a buddy that had his radio stolen from his truck only 4 days after I installed it. Worst part was they broke the window and the doors were unlocked.

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
I knew a lady with a convertible that had the roof cut three times. She started just leaving the doors unlocked, but they still cut it a fourth time. Guess they didn't see it was unlocked

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Stealing a horse is a hanging offense, so should stealing or burglary of a motor vehicle...

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Had a buddy that had his radio stolen from his truck only 4 days after I installed it. Worst part was they broke the window and the doors were unlocked.
That sucks! It did make me laugh at the irony though. It definitely is not funny by any means but they smashed a widow when it wasn't locked.

I'm glad they did not smash my window! Only thing I can think they may have wanted was my oakleys that were sitting on my center console.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
And very true they would not have been very happy, had I caught them doing it. One of my biggest pet peeves is respect of others property, this being a huge infringement on that.

I agree with Scap, but unfortunately with the way society is now. I would get in more legal trouble for defending my property than they would have for trying to break in.

Called insurance, filled police report.

My wife is a college student at a nearby campus, which coincidentally had a string of auto break ins over the weekend.

After accusing her of driving my truck to campus (told her I was joking) *she probably knows I wasn't* she sent me the email from campus police, which I then forwarded to my local pd, who thinks they are most likely connected. We shall see. Most likely nothing will come of it. I just prefer the incident to be documented.

·
Registered
13,052 Posts
I would break into my own truck for my oakleys. But that's just me. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1392680297.403801.jpg I had my ignition all ripped apart one morning on my 81 200SX. Guy tried to hot wife like like in the movies I guess

Sent from my space grey 5S using an aPP called Tapatalk

·
Registered
750 Posts
Had I been around. Would have taken a lot of will power to keep the .45 concealed.

On the other hand, the likelihood of jail/prison time, might have made me reconsider.

I had the same thought in my head. My .40 would have been tingling at my hip. haha

But with how the law system is set up it isn't worth it.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
I love Louisiana Castle laws...You can shoot for entering your house AND property...car in the driveway is property. Had a cop explain this to me when I got here.
§2800.19. Limitation of liability for use of force in defense of certain crimes

A. A person who uses reasonable and apparently necessary or deadly force or violence for the purpose of preventing a forcible offense against the person or his property in accordance with R.S. 14:19 or 20 is immune from civil action for the use of reasonable and apparently necessary or deadly force or violence.

B. For the purposes of this Section, there shall be a presumption that a person lawfully inside a dwelling, place of business, or motor vehicle held a reasonable belief that the
use of force or violence was necessary to prevent unlawful entry thereto, or to compel an unlawful intruder to leave the premises or motor vehicle, if both of the following occur:

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Well you had no choice when you caught him and he came at you with the screwdriver. You feared for your life. Case dismissed!

SPPD

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Well you had no choice when you caught him and he came at you with the screwdriver. You feared for your life. Case dismissed!

SPPD
Except you kept posting in public how you couldn't wait to bag a bad guy....lol

I'd hate to have to drop a stupid person, but would it be bad if I yelled freebie instead of freeze?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts