Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dang it, only made 1 payment and can't keep the yahoos off it

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,427 Posts
Get you a brand new, nice, pretty bumper! Sucks that it happened period.. Whether it was 2 months or 2 years. I'm not a fan of people touching my truck...

·
Registered
138 Posts
That's a bummer. At least from the pics it doesn't look too awful as for damage but still it's bit a good thing to deal with.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Ouch, Hope ya can get her fixed up like new.

·
Registered
537 Posts
A few years ago I purchased a brank spanking new F150 on a Saturday evening and Monday morning I got rear ended on the way home from the not so local truck accessory and bling store..

I see you run a step receiver on your truck, I do the same. Both for ease of bed access with the tailgate up as well as to serve as a secondary rear bumper in the event of a rear end tap from another driver.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yep, I wish she had hit that instead, less damage to mine

·
Registered
142 Posts
Aw man that really sucks. Something about getting your ride dinged like this, never feel the same about the truck again.
sorry bro...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Sorry to see. I know it makes you sick.

We got rear ended last July on the Interstate. The girl that hit us was texting. The traffic had slowed up quickly. I was going about 20 mph and she was going about 55 mph. Totaled her car and messed up our 2011 F150 FX4 Super Crew Eco Boost. I traded it off last week for a 2013 FX4 Eco Boost.

wreck 2.jpg wreck 3.jpg wreck 4.jpg

·
Registered
589 Posts
Heart breaking!! But I also see all trucks coming out ahead

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Estimate for this

Dang it, only made 1 payment and can't keep the yahoos off it
Just got the estimate, a bit over $2200 - amazingly her insurance came back and immediately accepted 100% responsibility, so no deductible on my part. Goes into the shop for a week after the 4th.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Good news. Give it a real good inspection when it is done and don't accept it if you are not 100% satified with the repairs.

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
That's nuts! On the good side if it had to happen the new paint should be easy to match. At least she has good insurance.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Got 'er back yesterday, she looks good. Gave it a good wash tonite.

Attachments

·
Registered
943 Posts
Looks good.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Looks like she got lucky - I know a past student named Matt that was sitting at a stop light and a gal coming the other what hit him head on at 55 mph - ran the red light. Guess what? She was texting. Matt's mother told me his four year old daughter was in the back seat. The child was uninjured, physically, mentally was another matter. Matt ended up with broken ribs, two broken legs and crushed pelvis. It was not a happy moment. People who text while driving should be charged with willful reckless driving...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yeah don't get me going on absolutely dips&/t drivers, seems it gets worse and worse and after my last little "person" rear ending my brand new truck I am keeping an eagle eye out for all of 'em. I just have a true belief that 95% of folks do not have a clue about the physics of the vehicle they are controlling, or making a meager, half-arsed attempt to control and that their text message or phone call is more important than mine or someone else life! Most are a bunch of maroonies as we like to say around my 10 year old. Flat makes me a wee bit disturbed about our licensing and enforcement around the state of WA.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
About this Discussion
19 Replies
13 Participants
Beez
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing