·
Registered
2016 Ford F-150 XLT 2.7 Ecoboost 3.55 Axle
969 Posts

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
Ok, guess I should just stay out of the conversation. Misunderstanding is all
no worries man, it's easy to miss interpret things said in the virtual world, I do it all the time.
And yeah it definitely wasn't directed towards you at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: boostkingMatt

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
There’s a lot of good info here. I’m sorting it out. I cannot get the full data logs. For some reason I don’t have any DMR options. I have all the PIDs, Is there a link for a config file? I drive a ton for work so I have lots of options for data logs. I can even get some good logs up at silver lake this weekend.

I hope the customer support is decent. Seems to be the biggest fault right now. I definitely need the shifting fixed. The skip shift is 100% there and I hate it. I paid for it not to be.. I want to add a CAI and probably hi flow down pipes. I’m going to try and squeeze all the economy and performance out of this I can safely. I didn’t forget about this forum. Facebook is just easier to hop on and off. The tunes performance wise are decent and just needed some time. I’ve yet to run the 93perf, just running the 87perf now.

I emailed 5* Sunday and am waiting for a response.

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
There’s a lot of good info here. I’m sorting it out. I cannot get the full data logs. For some reason I don’t have any DMR options. I have all the PIDs, Is there a link for a config file? I drive a ton for work so I have lots of options for data logs. I can even get some good logs up at silver lake this weekend.

I hope the customer support is decent. Seems to be the biggest fault right now. I definitely need the shifting fixed. The skip shift is 100% there and I hate it. I paid for it not to be.. I want to add a CAI and probably hi flow down pipes. I’m going to try and squeeze all the economy and performance out of this I can safely. I didn’t forget about this forum. Facebook is just easier to hop on and off. The tunes performance wise are decent and just needed some time. I’ve yet to run the 93perf, just running the 87perf now.

I emailed 5* Sunday and am waiting for a response.
if you don’t hear back from them by Thursday or Friday I would just shoot them a follow up email, they are and always have been crazy busy right now also most of their team is at some event. They have people that can still take care of you at the shop though.

sounds like you have a good description that you can tell them what you like and don’t like just be as detailed as possible, I promise you after a reason or two they will feel like completely different tunes, every company I’ve ran has been the same way.

I know a lot of people nowadays, not directed towards you whatsoever, seem like they don’t like person-to-person interaction anymore such as phone calls but honestly if you don’t hear back from them by Thursday I would give them a call, leave a message and they will get back to you by the end of the day.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Thanks all! I got an email back that someone is working on them. I hope I can get it before the dunes this weekend. Hell, I’ll bring my computer and flash and log while up there. Still searching for a config file that has the correct PIDs and DMRs.

·
Registered
7,911 Posts
Thanks all! I got an email back that someone is working on them. I hope I can get it before the dunes this weekend. Hell, I’ll bring my computer and flash and log while up there. Still searching for a config file that has the correct PIDs and DMRs.
5Star cant get you a log config file?

·
Registered
256 Posts
5* never provided me with a config file when I asked. Instead they sent me a long list of things to log.

I spent the time finding each item in the list and then saved them as a file.

MPT made it easy and just sent me a file for datalogging.

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
That would be nice. I probably spent an hour trying to find it all and couldn’t. Most of the YouTube videos skip over that part because it’s time consuming.

·
Registered
256 Posts
PM me. Wonder if I could email the file to you?

Never tried it but wouldn't bother me to give it a try.

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
You could also just go to MPT site and download the one they have, not sure if they have 2.7 up yet since they just recently started tuning those.

I know someone else who did that, 5 star had them add and remove a couple things but would still be quicker.

you mentioned you cannot find DRM‘s Do you know what number firmware you are on? Or if not ngauge and you have an sct device Is it up-to-date with updates?

Reactions: brandon.mcghan

·
Registered
159 Posts
I asked once sent a very detailed message and got a very generic email back “a calibrator is working on your tunes”. So I don’t know
I also get no input to specific questions.I've been in the process of trying to tune my 5.0 mustang through them. I understand they're busy, but it's negatively affecting their quality of work. Still running the base tune because the 3 revision files I've been sent had issues. First revision, they somehow had the wrong device number inputted, the following two files are written for an Automatic trans car (given away by the options list on the tuner prior to loading the tune) and therefore flag a "110BE- unable to unlock processor" code.

At the bottom of the tune email they have listed which calibrator wrote the tune. Each time it's been a different person. How do you maintain quality control when you bounce someone's file from person to person?

5* never provided me with a config file when I asked. Instead they sent me a long list of things to log.

I spent the time finding each item in the list and then saved them as a file.

MPT made it easy and just sent me a file for datalogging.

I also experienced this, got a list of PIDs to select only after asking repeatedly.

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
Reach out to [email protected] and voice your concerns

There’s also an area somewhere, can’t remember exactly, where you can request a specific person to work with

Reactions: TOWMA8R and TurboGT

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
I made a post in the FB group specifically mentioning all of this and got responses within a couple hours. I just got emails from them acknowledging all of this. Seems like when you do get someone, you get great service.

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
Update was told this morning I’d have answers by this afternoon. It came and went. Smh
That sucks. Did you check your spam folder?

Everyone here knows I’m a pretty big 5 star guy especially after trying multiple different companies although I’ve never experienced anything but great customer service, but I’ll never say that they don’t screw up occasionally, just like any company I’ve dealt with.

If you don’t have anything in your spam folder I would personally call them first thing in the morning

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Yeah I checked it, I have them as a favorite. I chose them because they’re supposed to be the best in the game… guess it depends on what game….

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
Yeah I checked it, I have them as a favorite. I chose them because they’re supposed to be the best in the game… guess it depends on what game….
Lol I guess.
Unfortunately there’s no company out there that’s going to satisfy every customer a 100% of the time, again though I’m not making excuses for them it sucks this is your experience, but that’s the truth.
pretty positive they will get you situated and taken care of but it’s a matter of if you'd want to possibly wait a little longer at this point, Could be tomorrow or it could be a few days from now.

Well at the very least welcome to the forum!

21 - 40 of 72 Posts