F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
iv just now became a member but iv been reading many posts in different forums regarding f150ecoboost. There was quite alot of negative feedback with the ecoboost .This made me very nervous since i was about to make a purchase . Well i would like to tell anyone thinking of purchasing one that it would be best truck they ever drove.Ive got over 13600k on my 2013 xlt xtr package 4x4 3.55 that i picked up in december ,not one issue ,and yes the mileage does get better with time

·
Registered
589 Posts
There you go! Positive all the way here too. The EcoBeast is impressive and most of the time I have found on other forums that its a "friend this or family memeber that" when talking trash about the Eco... That is why I am true blue to our forum and fellow members... People who actually live and deal with the EcoBoost because most of us own it ... the Eco is like fine wine, gets stronger, better, and more priceless with time!

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
Yup, me too. Fact we're planning on trading our Edge in a couple years for another one...with two fewer spark plugs and one less turbo than my red beast!

·
Registered
142 Posts
I could say the same as RAGGZ... I read some negative reviews on the EcoBoost. But I am a Ford guy all the way. So I jumped on the first good deal. My '12 FX2 had 14 miles on it when I drove it off the lot on December 5th 2012. It now has 15185 miles on it and not one single problem. Like all fords I have owned...they just keep going and going and, well you get the idea.

·
Premium Member
2,427 Posts
I love my beast. Negative reviews are one person having a bad experience and blowing it up by posting on every site and complaining. Then people without ecoboosts jump on the bandwagon and complain

·
Registered
519 Posts
Most people without issues are not going to stop and make an effort and take out time to post positive comments. However those with issues will a greater percentage of the time was to discuss any issues they have to find out of others are experiencing similar. It's that simple.

I have 800 miles on a '13 EB and pretty happy with it so far. Coming out of a fantastic nearly 12 year old Silverado 2500HD Duramax with 123k. I have high hopes the F150 performs to this level providing similar durability and longevity.

Every truck has small issues and idiosyncrasies, doesn't matter which manufacture it sources. As long as it comes from a US based manufacturer, employs a considerable amount in our country, and is final assembled here, that's where I'll be spending my money.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
As long as it comes from a US based manufacturer, employs a considerable amount in our country, and is final assembled here, that's where I'll be spending my money.
I resemble that remark.:)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Ford sells gazillions of these trucks, so it's only fair and reasonable to assume that a certain percentage of vehicles will develop 'issues'.

Equally and oppositely, these trucks are purchased by gazillions of consumers via thousands of dealerships, most of whom are very fair and reasonable to work with (consumers & stealers), but there's also a percentage of both that could be classified under the heading: "A-holes".

Finally, most reports are from the Internet, where (enter spoiler alert here) not ~everything~ one reads is true (or at least: the -complete- truth), indeed some (and this may come as a shock) have been known to 'embellish'/employ poetic license/omit important details on occasion!

Me? 23K Km's on my '13 FX4 and counting, several thousand of which are towing, and several hundred of those were close to/at capacity . No issues here whatsoever so far, and from the way I feel about the truck, they'll be prying the keys from my cold, still hands right now! (unless a couple of paint scratches count, or a broken rear taillight from where I smacked a 12" wide 48" long auger bit into it when loading it into the box last week (D'oh!)... Come to think of it, perhaps I should start a thread somewhere blaming Ford for my own stupidity in that instance??) ;)

·
Registered
13 Posts
I am one owner that is pleased with their EB truck. Purchased a 2013 Demo KR 4x4 about 1.5 months ago. Significant increase in power from my 2009 lariat 4x4 and about 1.5 mpg better.

Truck had 5200 miles when I picked it up. Just yesterday dropped it off at the dealer because the AC stopped blowing really cool air. Started several weeks ago - I noticed a non-conditioned blowing of air for about a second. Over time it happened more and more often until it was nearly always not working.

Worked with my dealer and they gave me a loaner until they fix it and also a free oil change for my troubles.

I only post this as I am not pissed or upset that a new truck has issues - things happen. Ford will make it right under warranty and no cost to me.

Can't ask for better service.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I got my Beast 3 weeks ago and I love, I factory ordered 3.31 gears,At 60 mph it's @ 1500 RPM, the mileage is a big improvement on my old GMC and the power is incredible

·
Registered
495 Posts
I drive mine hard, in the heat and traffic of San Antonio, Texas. I've not had any issues... granted, I drove a 2012 XLT off the lot with 3565 miles on it a couple months ago. (I moved out of an almost 20-year old F150 that I had owned since it was 2-years old, and never had Issue #1 with that one.)

Mine will probably never haul anything heavier than an annual load of garden dirt, and may tow a U-haul if I ever need a trailer-ful of anything... He's my grocery-getter, dog hauler, trip-to-the-beach, etc. if he's REALLLLLL lucky, he may get to take a car to a car show, but generally we prefer to drive our toys to their shows.

I have owned most of the Domestic makes of vehicles over the years, and even a few foreign jobbies, too. All makes have created Turds; and all makes have their Pearls. The EcoBoost has the potential to be a flagship vehicle, in my opinion! It has a great balance of comfort, torque, warranty, and reputation to really launch it into the realm of a great vehicle.

And it is a Ford. <3

</soap box>

·
Registered
280 Posts
'11 with 88K miles, Just had the TSB done for the full load stutter step, and it runs like a dream. since i purchased the truck 10K miles ago, i've averaged 17.5mpg, regularly get 23+ on the interstate. Love it. This is my first ford...i'm diggin it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
About this Discussion
20 Replies
19 Participants
Fairlane67
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing