F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Vendor
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So we all want a tuner, and more power, BUT the warranty issue is hanging over us. We get it. If you are looking to monitor Boost, trans temp, Inlet air temps, Cylinder head temps, and much more you can always run the Edge Insight - 83830. This has no tuning capabilities, so no voided powertrain warranty. I have alot of guys that are towing that use this monitor. This is the same size as the Edge CTS so it fits in the Edge Dash Pod.

[h=1]2009+ F150 Edge "Insight" Dashboard Monitor [/h] edgeevolutionecoboosttuner.jpg 2004-2008F150EDGEEVOLUTIONDASHPODandADAPTERKIT10.jpg 85200_edge_cts_evolution_touch_screen_installed-2_med.jpg

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
Bill, for now I am exactly in this very spot ... I would LIKE to reprogram my truck ... but I don't want to void the warranty (or not just yet).

I notice you said that this monitor does compensate for tire size. Does it compensate just in the display or does it modify the PCM so the factory speedo is corrected too?

Also, can I select different items I want displayed? And if so, what else can I display and can I change any of the 5 items they are demonstrating?

Lastly, assuming in the future I am ready to do some mods and reprogram my computer; will the Monitor still work regardless of who I chose to reprogram my computer (e.g. SCT instead of Edge).

·
Vendor
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You are correct, you can change any of the parameters in that you want to show on the screen. This monitor will work no matter what tuner you run. The tuner will correct tire size and it will make your trucks factory speedo read correctly (up to 40 inch tires).

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
Thanks for your response Bill. A further question, does the unit have the ability to "data log" or an option to "data log"? It would be so nice to capture the data as I am driving under various conditions and see what all my sensors are reading.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
3 Participants
jsm11
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing