F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been tuned by Torrie for 2 years and after driving my truck for a long time, one thing I wanted was to have the shift point on my tune lowered (my engine with the bolt-ons is a "Torquer" not a high rpm "Horsepower" engine... like most modified truck on this site).

I felt my engine would perform better if I reduced the WOT shift point down a couple hundred rpm. I know my engine is not making "high horsepower" with my mods, so I felt lower the shift points would bring the upshift into the higher part of the torque curve in 1-2 and 2-3 WOT shift.

This would not only help make the engine a little quicker but also help increase it's life (especially since the stock rods seem to be a weak point).

So I asked Torrie if he would do a retune for me and lower the shift points (I also e-mailed him my favorite tune version since it had been a couple of years ... we did a number of experiments to find out my preference). Torrie asked me a couple more questions, and after I replied, I had a revision within a couple of hours.

I am still on the fence about getting a Methanol Kit ... but if Santa is nice to me ... he'll be chatting with Torrie.

Also, if I was ever in the market for another vehicle, I know I would chat with Torrie if he would be willing to try tuning it (or buy a vehicle Torrie has experience or wants experience in tuning).

·
Premium Member
3,220 Posts
Everyone talks about how Great Torrie is, Great Tunes, Great Customer Service, Safe Tunes, Real Deal.

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
AND ... if you KNOW what you would like your tune to feel like ... he WILL make it for you (and caution you if you are being too aggressive).

THAT is what I call a Custom Tune.

·
Administrator
7,850 Posts
Everyone talks about how Great Torrie is, Great Tunes, Great Customer Service, Safe Tunes, Real Deal.
He (and his product) is all of this. I haven't looked back since switching.

·
Registered
183 Posts
He's provided great service for me also, tweaking his tunes to fit my particular needs!

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Yes Grim turned me to Torrie when I was looking for a tuner. Very happy! He is so easy to work with.

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
I can't say enough good things about Torrie. We continue to impress everyone at the track, and on the street. When we finally set the record for the fastest ecoboost f150, I want everyone to remember one name, [email protected] Tuning. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts