F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off it did give me a full 2" lift. Of course this is subject to change as the springs wear and settle some.

When I picked the truck up the shocks were all set a 6 on the adjustable knob, which felt very close to the stock FX4 suspension, maybe just a hair more still.

I came home and adjusted them all to 3 but haven't had an opportunity to drive the truck since so I will be looking for the most comfortable city driving setting to dial them in.

My truck no longer fits in the same garage that I was parking it in before the installation. That 2" was just enough to create clearance problems. So now the Mustang GT gets parked in the upper garage level and the truck gets parked in the lower garage as it has 13' high garage doors. I know the upper and lower garage description sounds strange, but I do have a split level 4 car garage.

I mention this garage door observation because if any of you add this or any other lift to your truck. And choose to do so in your garage, measure your door opening before doing so. Or you may just find yourself letting the air out of your tires in order to lower your truck long enough to get it out of the garage...LOL!!!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Congrats on getting the lift on. Did you take before and after measurements? I got right at 2 1/4" of lift with the quicklifts and the my truck sits at 24" from center of hub to center of fender well on both ends. Let me know how the setting works out, I've been thinking of setting mine down just to test it out.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I took my measurement from the garage floor to the top center of the wheel well. Where I had before the lift a 2.5" rake, I now have a .5" rake which is perfect. If I hook up a trailer or a light load in the bed the truck will be level and not sitting high nosed.

I am looking forward to trying to find that perfect setting on the shocks. I have read that some people have found their best setting to be with each corner of the truck to be set at a different setting. Let's see, 4 shocks with 9 settings equal how many different combinations to try.

Answer: Too Many!!!!

Thanks for the heads up on Autoplicity and their pricing. Now I need to go fill out the rebate form.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Another thing I am beginning to notice.

That new bolder, taller, in your face stance of the truck seems to be taking a toll on the in town MPG by at least a negative 1.5 MPG.

I'll try to get some highway miles rolled on her this weekend and check the effects at speed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts