F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm starting thread this to here what it is you guys do for a living. I'm sure, I'm not the only one curious.

I will start. I'm an aerospace welder, out of south east Michigan, for 17 years. I've been welding/fabricating for 25 years straight. Noting top secret here. I build for the A380 airbus, Honeywell, Lockheed Martain, apache helicopters, and many more. Here are some pictures of what I do.

Yes, those are massive turbos, and huge intercoolers.

2012 screw 3.5L

·
Registered
578 Posts
I spend my days inspecting welds. Start out every day looking at on average 500-1000 weld xrays... :)

·
Registered
133 Posts
Awesome man, your work looks great.

I am a engineer for shell global as my "real job" and I own a small performance shop called MDR Performance. Mainly build/tune awd imports (Evo, sti, gtr etc) because I'm one of the few shops near Houston that has a AWD dyno.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
129 Posts
wheeeeew..... you boys took the wind rite outa my sails lol I'm just a simple auto mechanic, nuthin special here. Those are some nice welds too by the way!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I can modify the heck outta vehicles electrical systems and interiors... but still suck at motors and trannies lol. Nuthin wrong with being a mechanic!

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Are you a pilot as well? Or just the doctor .looks like a sweet gig!

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk
Just the doc..I am qualified to run them on the ground, but never really had any interest in flying them. I have flown IN them, plenty of times. Gotta give you credit for the work you do upfitting all those vehicles. Done some of the work with airplanes in the past, modifications, switch and radio installations etc. I hate that stuff lol

·
Registered
2,784 Posts

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Has anyone else noticed the number of threads lately where the only posters all have less than 20 posts?

Newbs, if it seems like it would be a popular thread, there's already one going:

http://www.f150ecoboost.net/forum/11-off-topic/418-how-do-you-afford-your-ecobeast.html
Thanks, Chris. I did do a search and didn't come up with anything. I was wondering why there wasn't a thread like this. Am I in the dog house now? And its stuck like this for eternity now? , My bad.

It's the keywords that makes the difference. Like the weep hole and pee hole thread, two totally different searches. But yet the same subject.

Does that mean I have to take a mod of my truck now, for punishment .

2012 screw 3.5L

·
Registered
752 Posts
Mechanical Engineer for General Dynamics Electric Boat. We design and build the U.S Navy submarines, so no specific pictures from me, as I don't want to go to jail . But, heres a pic of one of our latest VIRGINIA Class subs.

Attachments

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'm a police officer and crime scene evidence technician. Love the job even if its probably not the most popular profession these days. View attachment 97217
At first glance I thought I was in trouble, seeing your post. Oh no 🤦*♂, I'm going back and editing everything I said. I wasn't speeding I swear it was all in my dreams lol . I need to start saying, allegedly this happened.

Yes, my work is not classified like yours build4boost, all I can say is wow!!, That's enormous!!

We also make a parts for APU's that they have been retro-fitting on large commercial aircrafts since 911.

2012 screw 3.5L

·
Registered
214 Posts
At first glance I thought I was in trouble, seeing your post. Oh no 🤦*♂, I'm going back and editing everything I said. I wasn't speeding I swear it was all in my dreams lol . I need to start saying, allegedly this happened.

Yes, my work is not classified like yours build4boost, all I can say is wow!!, That's enormous!!

We also make a parts for APU's that they have been retro-fitting on large commercial aircrafts since 911.

2012 screw 3.5L
Haha. Yes I've never exceeded the speed limit in my Unleashed tuned eco either... . I've also never killed and turboed subies from red lights. It's all hypothetical lol

·
Registered
48 Posts
I think it is great new posters, such as myself, engage...don't you? Kudos to the OP.

'So what' would be my response to a clear effort to denigrate...I can surely see the difference between "afford" and "what do you do".

1. Retired Military
2. Retired Part 121 driver
3. Retired Fed
4. Now, Aviation R&D

Bull

1 - 20 of 126 Posts
About this Discussion
125 Replies
65 Participants
hodgexj1996
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing