F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the forum...I have a 2018 F150 with the 3.5 ecoboost with roughly 42k miles. It's been extremely cold here in the midwest and my truck has recently started making this rumbling noise and can't seem to find any similar noises searching the webs. Thought maybe someone here could help me out. It happens about 5 times after shut off no matter if it's cold or warm about 20-30 seconds part. It also happens sometimes if it's been setting and I just open the door. I have a video but not sure how to upload.

Thanks for the help!

·
Premium Member
9,091 Posts
Check up front and see if it's the grill shutters struggling to open/close. You have a set in the grill, and another set in front of the Intercooler down below.

You also have a vacuum reservoir on the firewall that is connected to lots of things and if it is bleeding down, it might be something moving as a result.

Then finally, it's not impossible for one or more of the HVAC damper-doors to move and create a sound that is muffeled like in a deep box.

These trucks have quite the ensemble of systems and subsystems running off a bunch of computers and solenoids and electric motors. It's crazy

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts