F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed the last couple times that I have had my heat on, that I smell almost like a rubber burning. It has been raining every time I have had the gear on, so I have not been able to check under the hood yet. Does anyone have any good ideas what it could be? Battery? I have about 3000 miles and it just started wiring the last week or two

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
The horro of starting your vehicle and hearing the cries of about ten small kittens cannot be described.....

Oh well, I always have been a dog guy!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Mine also has this problem. Started at about 10k and have 12k now. It is anytime air is coming from the vents whether ac or heat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
The horro of starting your vehicle and hearing the cries of about ten small kittens cannot be described.....

Oh well, I always have been a dog guy!
Way to stay calm cool and collected! I probably should be worried about this as a distant neighbor has a cat farm, she just keeps feeding them, and since they are "stray" the city can try to catch them, but that's it..... I've been noticing pawprints on the truck lately....

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I finally took my truck in last Tuesday to the dealer for the first oil change and some other problems I'm having with the truck and they are saying that the bad smell is coming from a "bad" evaporator. I still do not have my truck back and it has been a week today. They are also performing a tsb on the transmission and replacing my steering wheel touch controls.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I finally took my truck in last Tuesday to the dealer for the first oil change and some other problems I'm having with the truck and they are saying that the bad smell is coming from a "bad" evaporator. I still do not have my truck back and it has been a week today. They are also performing a tsb on the transmission and replacing my steering wheel touch controls.
I guess I'm a day off. It will be a week tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
nick0484,

Let me see what I can find out. Send me a PM with your name, phone number, VIN, mileage, and dealer info. I'll take a look.

Ashley

·
Registered
6 Posts
I had the exact same problem... starting happening at about 18K. I brought it to the dealership and they ran some type of cleaner through the system and it seems to have helped. They didn't want to start taking anything apart until they tried the cleaner first.

·
Registered
250 Posts
you havent had your wife in the truck ahhhhh never mind lol

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
nick0484,

Let me see what I can find out. Send me a PM with your name, phone number, VIN, mileage, and dealer info. I'll take a look.

Ashley

Thanks ashley, but I just stopped at the dealer today after work, since they then again said it would be another day. The steering wheel touchpad was replaced, the evaporator has been replaced, there was maintenance done to the yolk at the rear driveshaft, and they just found a leak in one of the gaskets around my turbo. They said it also needs a new torque converter, that will be put in tomorrow. At first, they told me the end of the week, but when I said I was going out of town tomorrow night, I guess I lit a fire under their ass :cool:.

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
Thanks ashley, but I just stopped at the dealer today after work, since they then again said it would be another day. The steering wheel touchpad was replaced, the evaporator has been replaced, there was maintenance done to the yolk at the rear driveshaft, and they just found a leak in one of the gaskets around my turbo. They said it also needs a new torque converter, that will be put in tomorrow. At first, they told me the end of the week, but when I said I was going out of town tomorrow night, I guess I lit a fire under their ass :cool:.
Glad to hear everything is getting worked out for ya dude! Hope the smell is cleared up!

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 2015 f150 2.7 heater started smelling of burned wiring this week. If I auto start it then it smells like it's on fire if I'm driving it smells less.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts