F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have found bits and pieces of information on the web about ambient lighting installs but nothing about doing like they did at the factory. By factory I mean using all the ford parts including using my ford touch to control it. Has anyone added the ambient lights this way? If you have what did it cost you? Did you have to have your ford touch reprogrammed or flashed? I was thinking of adding to my FX4 but didn't know if it was too costly. I don't think it was even offered as an option on 2014 FX4's. Any help from you guys is appreciated.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I did factory install by Ford w. Ford parts BUT not operational with insync system. I have a button by the center console to change colors.& on/ off. Took 2days labor and 200.00 for ambient kit
225.00 labor.
They had my whole dash board apart and installed it in cup holders and center console. Worth it to me.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using F150 EcoBoost

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've seen that on a few trucks and it looks good but I wonder why it can't be tied into factory wire harness and operate using the touch screen. I suppose I could ask the dealer if it can be done. I figured somebody on the forum may have already done that and saves me the trip.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I would assume there is a way to connect, heard here some talk of mysync connection but was lost in the converation because I had the ambient light in my Edge and it had nothing to do with the mysync

·
Registered
2018 F-150 XLT Coyote
49 Posts
I would like to get this installed in mine too. I did have it in a 2011 Edge and it was integrated into the My Ford Touch system (it was very nice). Does anyone know if it is a complete installation (as it is in other Ford models like interior door handles, cup holders, floor lighting front and back, etc)? From what I see above it appears to not integrate with the My Ford Touch system as it was not integrated at the factory. Utilizing the existing internal wiring (if so equipped) I would imagine it could be made to work by reflashing/loading the My Ford Touch system, but I doubt the wiring exists for it. The manufacturers do not use generic harnesses (guess) that are all encompassing in order to cut costs down and most parts are JIT on the assembly lines according to the build sheets for each vehicle. Would be nice if they were, as it would make aftermarket or OEM accessory installation much easier. Would not be a fan of the dash being removed on my new truck, however. :confused:

·
Registered
45 Posts
I did factory install by Ford w. Ford parts BUT not operational with insync system. I have a button by the center console to change colors.& on/ off. Took 2days labor and 200.00 for ambient kit
225.00 labor.
They had my whole dash board apart and installed it in cup holders and center console. Worth it to me.

Any pictures ?

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
I have a lot on my closet, but I haven't had the truck for more than a week at a time in the last four months. Need to get these installed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts