F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know the bulb size off hand? I want to get a bit more light out of my heads.

·
Registered
577 Posts
I wanna say they are h13s. I think them and fog lights are same and I'm pretty sure they are h13s

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wanna say they are h13s. I think them and fog lights are same and I'm pretty sure they are h13s
The OEM halogens are h13's, and the fogs are 9140 bulbs.

I need the factory HID bulb size. I messed up and ordered a h13 set, but they won't even come close to fitting.

·
Registered
577 Posts
The OEM halogens are h13's, and the fogs are 9140 bulbs.

I need the factory HID bulb size. I messed up and ordered a h13 set, but they won't even come close to fitting.
Oh.. Ok. I have different fog lights with my aftermarket bumper didn't even think. I have hids in my recon but they came with then not sure size

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh.. Ok. I have different fog lights with my aftermarket bumper didn't even think. I have hids in my recon but they came with then not sure size
I wonder how hard it is to upgrade the projector too.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
The bulbs in ours are D3S. Made by Osram. There are many retrofit pages that have several options. I have been doing a lot of research as I'm thinking about changing the lens and bulb. Thinking about retrofitting my wife's rig as well. I've changed the bulbs in here's two to three times in the last year. It's getting old.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The bulbs in ours are D3S. Made by Osram. There are many retrofit pages that have several options. I have been doing a lot of research as I'm thinking about changing the lens and bulb. Thinking about retrofitting my wife's rig as well. I've changed the bulbs in here's two to three times in the last year. It's getting old.

I love the new heads, but I can't leave well enough alone. lol

Can you post a link to one of the threads.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
bilinvic-retrofits.com/
projectoretrofits.com/

I've also done a lot of reading on some if the other F150 Forums. Search 'retrofits' and it should pull up lots of projects. The second site will sell you OEM style headlights that have been upgraded. You can also buy the parts and do the retrofit yourself.

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Do you have to pull the lense to change out the projectors?

I found the 55W d2s upgrade with the evo projectors for 400

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Okay, so I pulled the trigger.

I ordered the upgrade kit for the OEM HIDs

Hella EVOX-R Projectors
Morimoto 5000 bulbs

Adapting plates

Morimoto 5Five ballasts

Misc. Screws, 9006 pigtails and hardware

I'll be doing a write up when I tackle it.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
That didn't take long!! Guess you answered your own question?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Lol, I tend to that. I just needed to be pointed in the right direction, thanks!

Hopefully pulling the lens off is as easy as the youtube videos look...

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
I'll let you experiment first!

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
The only part that worries me is pulling off and re-installing the cover.
What is it...265 in the oven? Supposedly you clamp it back together and heat it to seal it again...that is nerve wracking considering what these parts cost from Ford.

The thing that scares me the most is the wiring.

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
What is it...265 in the oven? Supposedly you clamp it back together and heat it to seal it again...that is nerve wracking considering what these parts cost from Ford.

The thing that scares me the most is the wiring.

It's all plug and play, extremely simple.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
I'm talking about the other stuff. I want to do a few other things. I need to reword the topper. They just used the clamps to wore the third brake light in. Nothing is protected from the weather...

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'm talking about the other stuff. I want to do a few other things. I need to reword the topper. They just used the clamps to wore the third brake light in. Nothing is protected from the weather...

Oh, I gotcha.

I would like to add some halos and led strips as well. I can't find an oracle deal though.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
I'm with you on the LED strip! I don't want to run the HIDs all the time. I run them during the day all the time and we are down to about 4 hours of sunlight.

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'm with you on the LED strip! I don't want to run the HIDs all the time. I run them during the day all the time and we are down to about 4 hours of sunlight.

Yeah, the oracles are really bright, but they're hard to find.

For some reason you can't buy anything straight Oracle...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts