F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,698 Posts
It's ½ a mile to the mailbox and back. So you work as close to home as a couple of walks?

That's 40 miles a month?

Your tires will last until my newborn granddaughter graduates from college.

With a PhD.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
That's right. I was biking prior to getting the truck, but when the weather is -20c out with an ice packed road, it just got to be unbearable an too dangerous for my age. lol. Truck doesn't even reach operating temp by the time I shut it off. Probably not helping the motor any by using it like this, but I do plug it in during winter.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I set up a system like the RX, with a home built can (clear plastic bottle, stainless steel salt shaker for the inner chamber, with some stainless scour pads inside) and a filtered breather vent on the drivers side. After I set it up, I found the can was still dry after a few hundred miles. looking into it I found that the PCV valve in my truck completely shut off flow under high vacuum. My parts store didn't have one on the shelf so I grabbed a random one off the shelf gutted the OEM valve and installed the other inline. After a just a few trips you could see the droplets forming in the can and when I changed my oil about 1000 miles later there was about a 1/3 cup of fluid. I just got the new check valves I ordered installed and have a lot more air flow. I changed the oil after 2000 miles from when I bought it, the oil was black and smelled like fuel. The dealer said they changed the oil, if they did they used ****y oil. I used full syn and after 2000 miles and the CC the oil still has some amber color to it and smells better, and I'm not getting as much in the CC. I think good oil helps.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts