1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
It's under the hood ;)

·
Registered
495 Posts
Its tough to see but it ison the driver side of the block near the front. With all the covers on these things it is sorta tuff to,see it.

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
wow really !
thats a min and 20 sec of my life i will never get back
Get under the truck, and that vid, as poor as it is, answers all the questions.

But that being said, your post didn't even attempt to help the OP.

·
Registered
868 Posts
good point ! i was very disoriented after watching that vid let me tell you.

the filter is actually behind the radiator on the front right hand side of the motor and far from easy to get at but it is there.

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
good point ! i was very disoriented after watching that vid let me tell you.

the filter is actually behind the radiator on the front right hand side of the motor and far from easy to get at but it is there.
You can see it or you can touch it, but not both at the same time. Lol.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Had some fun watching (from behind the yellow line of course) folks try to find the filter when I take it in for a change. Lots of head scratching. Usually they are proud when they find the trap door for the filter drain.:D

·
Registered
169 Posts
You can see it or you can touch it, but not both at the same time. Lol.
I've had a few girls tell me that too.

I wonder why all the covers on this truck? Maybe to help with wind resistance or just a little protection?
Either way dtm, not a quick or clean process.

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
I've had a few girls tell me that too.

I wonder why all the covers on this truck? Maybe to help with wind resistance or just a little protection?
Either way dtm, not a quick or clean process.
I bet a lot of it has to do with the EPA and CAFE...

·
Registered
523 Posts
Most of the belly pans and covers on undercarriages today are to benefit gas mileage. Better managing airflow especially in and around the non-aerodynamic chassis parts and assemblies can produce marginal mileage gains. Thus small gains here, small gains there, all contribute to the end goal.

Best case scenario would be to have air from the front fascia, bumper, grill move air to the sides, and over the hood with none going underneath. With the high stance of a truck that's simply not a reality. A best effort is made with minimal cost to deliver what we see today under our trucks.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts