F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
9CA2D580-4820-4706-A3BE-6F012219AF45.jpeg
59BDF2BE-3AB0-42AA-A142-E5FD6A77B047.jpeg

So I just discovered this this morning. On top of the engine. Could this be linked to why my truck is a little slower this week? It’s on the drivers side.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Looks like it's coming from that oil breather cap you have on there.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would remove whatever setup you have there. It may be causing a vacuum/boost leak as well.
I didn’t install, I had my mechanic do it so I ont know what goes where. But I just opened my emptying valve on the can and nothing came out except air. I emptied it a few weeks ago but it should still have something in there. It’s empty though. Definitely coming from that silver cap thing and/or fitting.

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
I didn’t install, I had my mechanic do it so I ont know what goes where. But I just opened my emptying valve on the can and nothing came out except air. I emptied it a few weeks ago but it should still have something in there. It’s empty though. Definitely coming from that silver cap thing and/or fitting.
I would just throw on the stock connections and see if the leak goes away. I bet you the truck will drive better.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I’m sure the stock ones were trashed by the mechanic. I will have to ask him Monday.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Looks like the valve cover is cracked and the oil is coming from there. Bummer. Hope it’s not too expensive

·
Premium Member
2013 Ford F150 XLT 3.5 EgoBeast SuperCrew 4X4, 3.55 axles, 9.75" w/elocker
2,930 Posts
My Son just bought a new one for $115 with gasket on it. The last one cost him $325 labor to his independent mechanic to install.

Reactions: Wyoboypt

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My Son just bought a new one for $115 with gasket on it. The last one cost him $325 labor to his independent mechanic to install.
Thank you for that! The guy I work with said we could do it pretty easy. (I’m mechanically ignorant). So, will that cracked cover make me lose power?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Also, can I re use all the little gaskets? I have the new valve cover gasket but not all the little ones

·
Premium Member
2,930 Posts
Thank you for that! The guy I work with said we could do it pretty easy. (I’m mechanically ignorant). So, will that cracked cover make me lose power?
I don’t see how it would.

Reactions: Wyoboypt

·
Premium Member
2,930 Posts
Also, can I re use all the little gaskets? I have the new valve cover gasket but not all the little ones
Askin the wrong monkey.

·
Registered
7,588 Posts
Power is made in the cylinders and the turbo pressure. Has zero to do with valve covers.

Reactions: Arkansas Eco
1 - 15 of 15 Posts