F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Changed out the spark plugs and they all had what I considered excessive oil on them. I wrapped the paper towel around it to soak up the oil to show the oil better that was taken off of the plug. You can see the clean oil that was taken from the top of the plug and dirty oil off of the threads. Is this something to be concerned about?

·
Registered
6,650 Posts
Not sure, if you're not running a catch can you're always sucking oil in albeit in small quantity.

Mine have always had what looked like dry carbon build up.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes the oil gunk was from the threads. I'm not running a catch can. Occasionally I do smell burning oil, not bad but its definitely there. I have a year warranty on this (used) engine so if this is an issue I'd like to have it taken care of.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So the burning oil smell is a lot worse after the plug change. I forgot to mention that the plugs(put in by the dealership) were torqued in tight. Really tight. I'm not the strongest guy in the world but using a large cheater bar to get the old plugs does not seem right. I'm going to take the truck back to the dealership and see what they say.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts