F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gettting ready for my first oil change what does everyone suggest for oil? Should I stay conventioal, Synthetic ot Blend?

·
Registered
900 Posts
motorcraft syn blend, motorcraft filter

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Mobil 1 10W-30 full synthetic and purolator or motorcraft filter

·
Registered
131 Posts
The truck comes from Ford with Synthetic blend so i'd run that at a minimum. I run Mobil 1 10w-30 full synthetic in mine however...

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
I just changed mine Friday at 2700 miles, switched to 5-30 Mobile-1 full synthetic.
Picked up a case of 12 filters at my local dealer so I'm all set for a while.
Boy does it suck trying to get at the filter. :mad:

·
Registered
900 Posts
The truck comes from Ford with Synthetic blend so i'd run that at a minimum. I run Mobil 1 10w-30 full synthetic in mine however...
Mobil 1 10W-30 full synthetic and purolator or motorcraft filter
any special reason for 10w30, Ford recommends 5w30... Not trying to start anything, just wondering

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
I ran the blend until the 2nd change now it's full synthetic.

Reactions: scap99

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks everyone for the answers to my question. Now second question do you all change your own oil or do you take it to the dealer? I really hate taking it in but always have until it is out of warranty then I do it myself.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
When you pull the plug in the pan the oil shoots out about 2 feet then backs down. It overshot the drip pan by about 6". Gotta love gravel driveways.
The filter drops a considerable amount of oil onto the skid plate, although after watching a video on it there may be a rubber peace that allows the oil to run into a drip pan.
Almost worth having it done by someone, but I just do not trust others to do it and the dealer usually wants an arm & a leg for oil changes. It would be one thing if you could bring in your own oil.

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
My stealership wants $38 bucks for and oil change and I get a free wash. I'd rather have them do it seeing as I couldn't find 6 quarts of oil and a filter for that price ....

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
My stealership wants $38 bucks for and oil change and I get a free wash. I'd rather have them do it seeing as I couldn't find 6 quarts of oil and a filter for that price ....
$38 is a steal! And it gets a bath! It usually runs me close to $50 or $60. But they don't have much for competition: next Ford Stealership is 50 miles away, and after that 150. So, I guess it's Motorcraft for me. My dad runs Schaeffer's [sp?] - I might start taking that to the dealership with me and then running it out to the 5-7500 miles that they suggest.

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
$38 is a steal! And it gets a bath! It usually runs me close to $50 or $60. But they don't have much for competition: next Ford Stealership is 50 miles away, and after that 150. So, I guess it's Motorcraft for me. My dad runs Schaeffer's [sp?] - I might start taking that to the dealership with me and then running it out to the 5-7500 miles that they suggest.
That's the trade off of living so far north. Everything's expensive but you've got great views and hunting....

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Yeah. Pay is good though, too. It's an offset and we choose to miss out. Some sellers on eBay don't recognize Alaska as a place that the Post Office, UPS or FedEx ship to. I wasn't really complaining. I would pay the same in MT.

·
Registered
36 Posts
My local dealer has a special cause we bought the truck from them .. Oil change ,rotation, air filter , multipoint inspection and wash for 39.99 . As of right now still running blend motorcraft in it

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Another +1 on using Mobil 1 10w-30 full synthetic. My engine runs smoother with this oil.
This oil makes your engine run smoother than what? Concrete mix? If you think this oil makes your engine run smoother than another oil then you are 'drinking the Kool-aid'.

I've posted my opinion on this. I haven't changed it. When another oil accomplishes this with better results then I'll consider changing. Until then I'll use what Ford used during this test. Motorcraft synthetic blend and motorcraft filter.

·
Registered
7,400 Posts
Another +1 on using Mobil 1 10w-30 full synthetic. My engine runs smoother with this oil.
All this will do is make you lose gas mileage. More friction with heavier weight oil.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts