F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
DAMN IT! I didn't want to like the EcoBoost engine but y'all have changed my opinion. I'm fix'n to buy my third F150 and I had decided on staying away from the EcoBoost engine. My 2003 King Ranch Screw with the 5.4L V8 is just turning 200K miles and it drives better than the wife-unit's Infinity. I've read about issues with the EcoBoost and was so happy with my previous F150's, I didn't want to jinx myself. So EcoBoost it is. I'll take any reassurance y'all are willing to provide. I'm not a motor guy. I build multi rotor helicopters. I tow a 19' aluminum boat. I just want a new reliable car without any engine issues. Thanks for any input.

Fred

·
Registered
131 Posts
Fred, you won’t be disappointed!

Reactions: Kc311

·
Registered
537 Posts
You don't need reassurance, you need a test drive!!! I had a hard time choosing between the 5.0 or the Eco until I got behind the wheel. Then I looked at the HP, TQ and tow numbers then never looked back, it was Eco for me.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Reassurance : The engine has been in use for 3 years now. In this time issues were fixed and improvements made. So you wouldn't just be getting an Ecoboost. You'd be getting an Ecoboost with 3 years of improvements through field testing under its belt. IMO this means more because its a Ford F150. More F150s hit the road every year than any other truck, it would be hard for a NEW problem to pop up 3 years later with that number of trucks 'field testing'. By 'Problem' I mean a design flaw or something that is not a quick/simple/routine fix. This is why I like buying vehicles after they've been out for a few years.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I too went back & forth between the 5.0 & the Ecoboost before finally deciding on the 5.0... Then I drove them back-to-back & bought the Eco. The torque and smooth power are simply amazing!

Also agree with the tested and tweaked for three years benefit.

·
Premium Member
2,427 Posts
The biggest reassurance in words I can provide is to look at Ford's lineup of vehicles. I believe the ecoboost is offered in 90% of models.

If the ecoboost engine isn't highly productive and reliable, they would never offer this motor option in 90% of models.

Just go test drive one for fun one day... Let us know your response!

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have no complaints about the Ecoboost, its a smooth ride with a lot of power and even with a 2" leveling kit I installed after I bought it, the ride didn't change a bit, enjoy it you won't be dissapointed

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
I had given up on getting the EcoBoost because of the price difference. I was 100% sold on the 5.0. When March ended the ford incentives changed making the EcoBoost fall into my price range. I found the only MaxTow EcoBeast available for sale in the state of Illinois and pulled the trigger. I would have never forgiven myself had I bought the 5.0. The smooth acceleration, torque, and the way the EcoBeast pulls my TT without a hiccup has made me a EcoBoost for life guy.

SPPD

·
Registered
319 Posts
i had given up on getting the ecoboost because of the price difference. I was 100% sold on the 5.0. When march ended the ford incentives changed making the ecoboost fall into my price range. I found the only maxtow ecobeast available for sale in the state of illinois and pulled the trigger. I would have never forgiven myself had i bought the 5.0. The smooth acceleration, torque, and the way the ecobeast pulls my tt without a hiccup has made me a ecoboost for life guy.

Sppd
x2. ^

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have always owned a V8 truck.. I have driven a few V6 trucks of my dad's when I was growing up and knew I did not ever want a V6..Just not enough power for me.. I went last July to buy a new truck and had 5.0 V8 picked out.. Salesman asked me if I had considered the 3.5L V6 EcoBoost.. I said no cause I'm a V8 man all the way.. He said take it home and drive it around and come back tomorrow and make the decision of Eco V6 or 5.0L V8... Well, I came back next day with a smile on my face and said I will take the Eco V6... It's been a year now and I am still smiling..:cool:.. Go get yourself a Ecoboost and you will be smiling just like us... :D:D:D

Reactions: Kc311

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for al the input folks. Now all I have to do is find a good price on a Platinum!

·
Registered
19 Posts
When i was looking at new truck. Took a 5.0 for test drive then was ready to do paper work and then for the fun of it took a boost for a test. Needles to say the old paper work got scrapped and got the ecoboost and havent looked back yet.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Thanks for al the input folks. Now all I have to do is find a good price on a Platinum!
Funny you should say that, I talked to my dealer on the phone Monday about trading my 2013 FX4 with 5,300 miles on it towards a new 2013 Platinum F150. See I kind of like the power running boards, power t&t steering wheel with memory, the AWD transfer case is a nice added feature, but the Platinum truck is also in Platinum White which I do really like. I purchased my Tuxedo Black FX4 do that the color would match my wifes 2012 Taurus Limited which is the tuxedo black or was tuxedo black.

See my wife has always wanted here cars to be black, she likes that classy black shine, which is Texas can be a tough road to own. Well a couple of weeks after I purchased my FX4 in tuxedo black she wanted a 2013 Taurus SHO and picked platinum white this time.

Well not back to the dealer trade conversation. The price I paid via the internet price on my FX4 and the internet price on the Platnium was $5,500 dollars apart. Dealer said he would trade for $7,200 difference out the door including tax, title, license and bed liner.

Now I'm not sure that I want the extra options and color enough to pay the price, but I sure thought it was one heck of a great trade in offer. A 3.5 month old FX4 with 5,300 miles and only taking a hit of around $1K from the price originally paid.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts