F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

41 - 60 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #43 (Edited)
Decided to dive into the world of FORScan today. My first time using the software, but thanks to all the people who have paved the way before me it was a straightforward process. After saving backups of all my original files, I added quite a few new features including:

• Global Windows
  • Bambi Mode (Allows Fogs to stay on with Highs)
  • 5 Turn Signal Flashes
  • Engine and Trans Temperatures above gauges
  • Ford GT Sync 3 Theme

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
348 Posts
I have never played with forscan. Ha ha ha. I was using voice to text and just imagine what the word was instead of forscan. Anyway, so what is global Windows? Also, does anyone know if they can turn off the message about keeping your hands on the steering wheel?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
6,201 Posts
Decided to dive into the world of FORScan today. My first time using the software, but thanks to all the people who have paved the way before me it was a straightforward process. After saving backups of all my original files, I added quite a few new features including:

• Global Windows
  • Bambi Mode
  • 5 Turn Signal Flashes
  • Engine and Trans Temperatures above gauges
  • Ford GT Sync 3 Theme

Wait! You are Lariat trim, right?

The full featured dash? Could you get tranny Temps anywhere on your dash beforehand?

I can't even get it with a tuner.

You might have just convinced me to go Forscanning just for that magic number!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
I have never played with forscan. Ha ha ha. I was using voice to text and just imagine what the word was instead of forscan. Anyway, so what is global Windows? Also, does anyone know if they can turn off the message about keeping your hands on the steering wheel?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Global Windows when enabled allows you to roll up/down front windows with the key fob/remote.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Wait! You are Lariat trim, right?

The full featured dash? Could you get tranny Temps anywhere on your dash beforehand?

I can't even get it with a tuner.

You might have just convinced me to go Forscanning just for that magic number!

Yep, I have the 8” cluster like you. Here is the view of the gauges, that feature alone is worth the $20 you pay for the OBDII dongle.

·
Premium Member
6,201 Posts
It's AWESOME, and I agree it's worth it just for that reason.

But, did you notice Tranny Temps were not available anywhere throughout the dash choices?

The XLT trim has it prominently in the toggled menu. I still say that is an amazing oversight on Fords part.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #49 (Edited)
It's AWESOME, and I agree it's worth it just for that reason.

But, did you notice Tranny Temps were not available anywhere throughout the dash choices?

The XLT trim has it prominently in the toggled menu. I still say that is an amazing oversight on Fords part.

Yes I did notice that, not sure why they settled on just the dummy gauge for us 8” cluster guys. Another view of the gauge selection menu after the FORScan mod.

·
Premium Member
6,201 Posts
I already have a very similar adapter that I use for the Miata tunes. (Versatune software) USB -ODB

I'm betting I just need to do the nerd part and get the laptop setup with Forscan.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
I already have a very similar adapter that I use for the Miata tunes. (Versatune software) USB -ODB

I'm betting I just need to do the nerd part and get the laptop setup with Forscan.

Does yours have the MS-HS CAN switch on it? You will need one that can do both for FORScan to access all the different modules.

·
Premium Member
6,201 Posts
Does yours have the MS-HS CAN switch on it? You will need one that can do both for FORScan to access all the different modules.

Of course not. That'd have been way too easy. Lol
And I NEED another computer peripheral because all 8 drawers in my little office aren't quite FULL yet.

(so thanks for the link, afterall)

It'll be about my 6th ODB connector

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Of course not. That'd have been way too easy. Lol
And I NEED another computer peripheral because all 8 drawers in my little office aren't quite FULL yet.

(so thanks for the link, afterall)

It'll be about my 6th ODB connector

No problem I’m happy to help with any questions you have about the process. Here is a link to a very helpful google doc created by members of the other f150forum: FORScan Tutorial

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #55 (Edited)
I’ve been looking at new tires for the truck. I’ve decided on Nitto Ridge Grapplers, but keep debating what size I want to go with. I’m stuck between LT35x11.50r20 or 275/60r20XL (33”x11”). I love the look of the bigger tire/sidewall, but I also like the performance and MPG of the lighter XL rated tire.

275/60r20

35x11.50r20

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
Can you put 35's under it with no lift and cutting or am I crazy and forgot you lifted it up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Can you put 35's under it with no lift and cutting or am I crazy and forgot you lifted it up?

I’m not lifted/leveled yet ;) I have a set of Bilstein 5100 adjustable struts sitting in the garage. I will get the leveling kit and new tires installed at the same time. I’m planning to run them at the top setting (2.1” front lift).

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Just my opinion being a bit of a wheel/tire swapper, but go for the largest XL rated tire. You'll be happier with the lighter weight and slightly smaller size, from a performance standpoint.
305/55r20XL was also a consideration, but I’m concerned about that size rubbing the UCA being 12.5” wide and on stock wheels. Going to do some more research and see if that setup will work. I think I could run 1.5” wheel spacers to bring the wheels flush with the fenders and away form the UCA but then I may run into rubbing the crash bars.

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
I ran a 305/55/20 for a while. Had rubbing on articulation but that was about it. I was running stock 20" lariat wheels

41 - 60 of 85 Posts