F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

61 - 80 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
My vote would be to run the 275's.... I think you wil be much happier all the way around in the long run.... so many more benefits of that size over the 35's other than looks(35's do look beefy) Just my .02

Truck is coming along very nicely

·
Premium Member
2,750 Posts
305/55r20XL was also a consideration, but I’m concerned about that size rubbing the UCA being 12.5” wide and on stock wheels. Going to do some more research and see if that setup will work. I think I could run 1.5” wheel spacers to bring the wheels flush with the fenders and away form the UCA but then I may run into rubbing the crash bars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I was fine with that size on my truck and I’ve seen others run them as well on stock wheels. Every tire make/model is a bit different, but there is a little wiggle room there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
My vote would be to run the 275's.... I think you wil be much happier all the way around in the long run.... so many more benefits of that size over the 35's other than looks(35's do look beefy) Just my .02

Truck is coming along very nicely
Your wheel/tire setup does look sweet! I’m a big fan of the VenomRex wheels. Do you have any pictures from the front showing the width of the 275/60r20?

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
I have 285/75R17's and they fit with a level and the front and rear crash bars removed.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
I really want to avoid modifying/removing the crash bars for safety reasons. I wouldn’t have expected that size to require removal of the crash bars. Are you running aftermarket wheels? If so what’s the offset?

·
Registered
2013 Ford F150 XLT 3.5 Ecobeast SuperCrew 4X4
185 Posts
I have LT275/70-18 on all stock truck, no issues. They are the same height as 305/55-20, 33.2". The issue you could have is the 12" width. Mine are 10.8". 285/75-17 are 33.8"x11.2" so you can see there's not a lot of room to go wider on a stock truck.

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Your wheel/tire setup does look sweet! I’m a big fan of the VenomRex wheels. Do you have any pictures from the front showing the width of the 275/60r20?

Let me check

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Let me know if you want a total shot of the front from straight on

·
Registered
348 Posts
I really want to avoid modifying/removing the crash bars for safety reasons. I wouldn’t have expected that size to require removal of the crash bars. Are you running aftermarket wheels? If so what’s the offset?

They are 2018 raptor rims which I believe have same offset as stock rims.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
I’ve been sifting through the plethora of information available at custom offset’s wheel/tire fitment gallery. From what I’ve gathered, I should be able to run 305/55r20 with 1.25” wheel spacers without any rubbing or modifications to the crash bars. That size should give me the best of both worlds, a beefy looking tire that is only 10lbs heavier per tire from the stock tires. Thanks to everyone for all the pictures and suggestions!

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
I’ve been sifting through the plethora of information available at custom offset’s wheel/tire fitment gallery. From what I’ve gathered, I should be able to run 305/55r20 with 1.25” wheel spacers without any rubbing or modifications to the crash bars. That size should give me the best of both worlds, a beefy looking tire that is only 10lbs heavier per tire from the stock tires. Thanks to everyone for all the pictures and suggestions!

Which wheels are you attracted to or going to get?

·
Premium Member
6,201 Posts
Which wheels are you attracted to or going to get?
Whatever he decides on, he'll never be as happy with his wheels as he once was.

OH wait. That was ME that was happy with his wheels.

(never seen an aftermarket wheel that looked better on a truck)

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
Whatever he decides on, he'll never be as happy with his wheels as he once was.

OH wait. That was ME that was happy with his wheels.

(never seen an aftermarket wheel that looked better on a truck)

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
You are probably right, those wheels on that truck were just perfect

I’ll just drop this to make your night ;)

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
I really like the VenomRex 601 in Mystic Black for this truck. I will probably run the 20” Sport wheels for a while, maybe even get them powder coated black.

Well..... I like that choice...... love my VENOM!!!!.....Best aftermarket wheels I have ever had on a truck..... and trust me, over the years I have had a lot Lol

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Appointment for leveling kit installation is scheduled for tomorrow! I was planning to install it myself, but I got a quote that was too good to pass up ($90+$79 for alignment).

Same thing with mine, it was a no brainier

Post pics after and your thoughts

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
Same thing with mine, it was a no brainier

Post pics after and your thoughts
I will keep y’all updated. I dropped the truck off at lunch, then received a call later in the afternoon telling me they wouldn’t be able to do it today because their “strut” guy wasn’t working until Friday. I ended up rescheduling the installation for next week. After sitting on this leveling kit for a few months, I’m ready to get it installed!

61 - 80 of 85 Posts