F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

121 - 140 of 179 Posts

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #123
Ummmmmm

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Somehow I knew you would have a comment about that bug The truck definitely needs a good hand wash after the 90 mile trip home last night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
9,091 Posts
I'm that predictable?

Well you gotta admit it's a heck of a bug carcass. Lol

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2017 FordF150 XLT 2.7 L Eco-Boost 502A Package 2" Rough Country Level FX4 20" RIMS
4 Posts
I’ll have to get some more pictures for you. That’s the only one I have at the moment. Looking down the side of the truck, the wheels/tires sit inside the fender wells a good amount. Some 1.25” wheel spacers will get them flush or 1.5” for the slightest poke outside the fenders. Next mods will likely be Bilstein 5100 rear shocks and BORA wheel spacers.

Looks good but I agree that a spacer would give it a nicer stance. Going flush or near flush sounds good as a lot of gravel roads could add plenty of rock chips down the side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
122 Posts
I too have those badges. Love the splash of color they add. Perfect on your truck for sure.

How are those discount fog lights holding up?

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #129
I too have those badges. Love the splash of color they add. Perfect on your truck for sure.

How are those discount fog lights holding up?

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk
The Amazon fog lights are holding up great and just as bright as the day I first installed them. I honestly didn’t expect them to be this good. They’ve been through rain and many car washes in the 6 months I’ve had them installed. No issues with moisture or condensation. The only issue I’ve had was a month ago when one of the provided alignment screws sheared. That was an easy $2 fix with better hardware from Lowe’s.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #130
More mods are on the way! I got a set of Bilstein 5100 rears for Christmas and just purchased an unlocked HP Tuners nGauge.

Now to decide between all the great tuning companies out there I’ve been reading up on all the reviews online and I’m stuck between 5 Star and Gearhead for my first set of tunes. I feel like I can’t go wrong with either

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #131 (Edited)
Bilstein rears are installed. Now the truck is sitting on Bilsteins all around. It was a stupid easy job, took around 30 minutes by myself. I’ll take it for ride later tonight and see how it feels.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #132
I just got back from a loop on some rough washboard roads and the new 5100 rear shocks are a drastic improvement! Now the whole truck front and rear just feels planted and predictable. No more watching the rear end shimmy over bumps out of the side mirror

·
Premium Member
9,091 Posts
Bilstein verification number 1,000,001

And you STILL can draw ire from some fellas that swear by the oem shocks being just fine for a truck.

In my opinion they are the biggest disappointment of the overall package Ford delivers to the customer, and that applies from a $27,000 XL to an $80,000 Limited.

If you think about it, the actual price of those rear Bilsteins is proof of just how much Ford cheaped out on the oem damper. Especially considering what Ford would actually have to pay for an equivalent of the Bilsteins as oem equipment. ( a fraction of what you paid)

Rant over. Lol

Congratulations on that wicked new truck actually keeping all 4 contact patches on the pavement. What a difference!

Edit: can I spend just a bit more of your discretionary income? You need wheel well liners brother!

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
9,091 Posts
Well now, you do realize that the advice of both of us (geezers) combined is the equivalent of more than 120 years of insight.

No pressure, of course. ;)

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #138
I dropped the truck off at the dealership this morning to get the phasers looked at for the ratcheting noise at cold start. I told the service guy that I’ve had the ratcheting noise that lasted anywhere from 2-5 seconds on cold start. He tried to explain that a ratcheting noise lasting up to 5 seconds on cold start is completely normal for the the 3.5L Ecoboost It took me a second to regain my composure as I was fully expecting the service guy to be familiar the 18+ cam phaser issues and the updated parts Ford introduced Jan 2020 to try to fix the problem. Thanks to @Sirikenewtron I had the parts list handy on my phone to show him the new part numbers. Let’s hope I get my truck back soon with the new updated phasers.

On a more exciting note, my nGauge arrived yesterday!

·
Premium Member
9,091 Posts
Lol
Sadly, I could argue that for that guy, the Ford tech, the 2-5 seconds of ratcheting noise IS completely normal.

Think about how many trucks he's heard do it.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #140
Lol
Sadly, I could argue that for that guy, the Ford tech, the 2-5 seconds of ratcheting noise IS completely normal.

Think about how many trucks he's heard do it.

I’d have to agree with you on that point. However, I think I the better choice of word would have been “common” not “normal”. To me, normal implies that there isn’t an issue. If the noise was normal and not an issue, Ford wouldn’t have spent all the money and time redesigning/updating parts to fix the issue.

121 - 140 of 179 Posts