F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

141 - 160 of 174 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,088 Posts
I know it sounded like a was defending him, but I assure you that I disagree with him 100%

I'm glad you kept your composure too.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Reactions: AllWhiteEco

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #142
I know it sounded like a was defending him, but I assure you that I disagree with him 100%

I'm glad you kept your composure too.

No worries, I knew where you were coming from with your comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #143
Update, truck is still at the dealership. I dropped it off last Thursday. I hadn’t received any updates from the service department since I dropped it off, so I called them yesterday to figure out where they were at in the service process. I had the truck in for 3 issues: Leaking sunroof, rough 3-4 and 7-8 shifts, and the rattle on cold start. I was told they fixed the sunroof (debris clogging the drain tubes) and the transmission rough shifting (TCM flash/update). The service writer told me they were waiting on parts to finish the truck, but didn’t have specifics on what parts exactly. I’m assuming they are the new updated cam phasers to address the cold start rattle. Kind of frustrating that they didn’t give any update until I called them after being without the truck for a week. However, I’m glad it appears that they are making progress in the right direction.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #144
Dealership called and I’ll be picking up the truck in a few hours! I’ll be sure to post a print out of the part numbers they used for the repair.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #145
I have the truck! Man, did I forget how much I enjoy driving it. The PCM and TCM update they did for the rough 3-4 shifts have completely eliminated the problem. The transmission shifts buttery smooth now even in sport mode where the truck exhibited the rough 3-4, 4-3 shift most consistently. In addition, the dealership installed the new updated cam phasers. I was really happy to see those on the parts list. I do have one small gripe though. They forgot to do the oil change and tire rotation Not the end of the world, but I was wanting to get that knocked out by them while they had the truck. All in all, I’m glad to have the truck back and running better then ever.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #146
Um... I just noticed that they have Motocraft 5w-20 listed on that sheet and the saga continues...

·
Premium Member
9,088 Posts
Um... I just noticed that they have Motocraft 5w-20 listed on that sheet and the saga continues...

That's gotta be backoffice error.

But how can you ever believe it now?
You be changing your oil. :)

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #148
That's gotta be backoffice error.

But how can you ever believe it now?
You be changing your oil. :)

I don’t know what to believe now The only thing I do know is they didn’t reset the oil life meter, the tires weren’t rotated, and the piece of paper they handed me says 5w-20. Every time I have to go in for service, I get reminded of why I should do it myself. I will say it was a blissful ride home from the dealer until I started looking at the paperwork lol.

·
Premium Member
9,088 Posts
Well you know that the guy(s) that did or didn't change the oil, did or didn't use 5-20, did or didn't rotate the tires...... Are NOT the same guy(s) that tore into the front timing cover. And they don't have access or knowledge of IDS.

So, that's a good thing. Right?

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #150
Well you know that the guy(s) that did or didn't change the oil, did or didn't use 5-20, did or didn't rotate the tires...... Are NOT the same guy(s) that tore into the front timing cover. And they don't have access or knowledge of IDS.

So, that's a good thing. Right?

You are something else snake lol, in a good way of course ;)

After driving the truck tonight, I would say the entire transaction has had more good come of it then bad. Not gonna let this small technical stuff rob me of any joy

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Right! How can you trust them. The oil weight thing happened to me all the time. They said they use what’s on the cap but the service writer put on paper the wrong weight. My warranty oil change is long gone and now I change it myself. I sleep better at night now.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #152
Installed the nGauge tonight. No tuning yet, but I did update the firmware to v331 and set up the PIDs for the gauge screens. I was pleasantly surprised to be greeted with 132 available PIDs for my truck. Almost wish they had a search function with that many to scroll through Anyways, I currently have it displaying Boost, IAT, IAT2, Knock Retard, Spark Total (I’m assuming this is global timing advance), and OAR. What other important PIDs are y’all monitoring? I noticed oil pressure was available, but wasn’t sure how accurate that PID is considering how unreliable the stock gauge is.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #153
We had some unusually heavy rain today, so I let the truck sit and soak it all up to test the water leak fix. I hopped in the truck and all looked good. No water and the headliner was dry where the leak was previously located. I put the truck in drive, applied the accelerator, then the next thing I know I’ve got a stream of water pouring onto my center console from the rear window control switch. I never had a leak from this location prior to the dealership fix, so I gave them a call. Looks like the truck will be going back in the shop on Monday :(

·
Premium Member
9,088 Posts
I swear those things must be misunderstood by the technicians?

My panaramic leaked from the driver's side A-pillar grab handle once after a real downpour.
I simply cleaned the debris out around the drain area and track and haven't had it happen again.

But I've seen a few nightmare reports about them and wouldn't wish it on anyone.

·
Premium Member
9,088 Posts
Just in case...

Note: should delete this video after discovering that the repair in this video is addressing symptoms, but not actual problem. But it's a great video for seeing the structure you are dealing with.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #156
I swear those things must be misunderstood by the technicians?

My panaramic leaked from the driver's side A-pillar grab handle once after a real downpour.
I simply cleaned the debris out around the drain area and track and haven't had it happen again.

But I've seen a few nightmare reports about them and wouldn't wish it on anyone.

Mine was the passenger side A-pillar at the grab handle. No leak from there anymore which is progress, but now it seems as though the water has found another path of least resistance through the electronic rear window switch. I’ll let them take a look at it again and see what they can come up with.

I was pushing the service writer to let me bring it today so they could see it while it was currently leaking (I know how tricky it can be to replicate water leaks), but he said they wouldn’t have anybody available to look at it until next Monday. I may drop the headliner and take a look at it later this week.

·
Registered
2016 F-150 Lariat 4x4
7 Posts
Any luck with the sunroof?

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #158
Any luck with the sunroof?
I haven’t taken it in for the second time yet. Life has been to busy to go without the truck for another week or two. I really want to drop the headliner myself and do some investigating. So far, we’ve had some small rain showers and no leaking.

I also noticed that you are a fellow Tennessean. Glad to have you around the forum! I live in Memphis, TN.

141 - 160 of 174 Posts