Registered
5,967 Posts

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #163
Did you ask for the juice pedal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes, I requested the “juice pedal” in my order notes. Waiting to hear back from them about some questions I had with the tuning form then I’m going to send off my stock file today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
9,091 Posts
They are all thawed out by now from the Big Freeze.
But I'd be shocked if they aren't standing in line trying to get their hands on water pipe fittings and getting the toilets and coffee maker back online.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #165
They are all thawed out by now from the Big Freeze.
But I'd be shocked if they aren't standing in line trying to get their hands on water pipe fittings and getting the toilets and coffee maker back online.

Questions answered, and stock file is sent off I had an answer back within a few minutes of sending the email to them. I was told to just email them my stock file and list of my (nonexistent) mods and that is all they need from me to write the ngauge tunes. Great customer service from GH!

·
Premium Member
9,091 Posts
The fella helping you might be Larz.

If you met him personally, you'd KNOW that you just met the salt of the earth. Dude would give you the shirt off his back if you were a stranger.

Reactions: AllWhiteEco

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #167
No doubt my truck is in great hands with Matt and Larz over at GH tuning!

As for the tuning/reading stock files with the ngauge, it could NOT be any simpler. Coming from a Livewire TS on my last truck, it’s almost too easy ;)

·
Premium Member
9,091 Posts
Oh, this is your first play with the Ngauge?

You are going to be very disappointed that of all the devices/platforms, one that works so smoothly and effortlessly is the one that got discontinued.

The dang thing just works.
My only complaint is that browsing through potential pids is laborsome because there are so many. But you only have to make those decisions rarely.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #169
I’ve had it in the truck for close to 2 weeks now. I mentioned earlier in this thread. Set up all the PIDs to my liking and have been monitoring everything on the stock tune. I always like to monitor the stock tune so I can get a feel for what the normal values are and see how the stock tuning strategy handles things like knock, spark advance, OAR, etc in real time.

This was my first time hooking it up to the computer and getting a stock file from the SD card to send off.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #170
Ordered new spark plugs from Gearhead today. They were out of stock on the website, but a quick phone call resolved that. Apparently those spark plugs are as scarce as gold right now, but they got me all taken care of. As for my tunes, I'm still waiting but totally understanding considering the circumstances (freak snow storm/power outages shut them down for a week.) I'll be taking the truck on a 400+ mile round trip this weekend to Nashville and would love to have the tunes in time for that.

·
Premium Member
9,091 Posts
Happy Anniversary!

You still diggin it?

It's kinda hilarious that there are anniversaries that have been accidentally forgotten and there was a price to pay. But the same guy remembers the day he got his truck! (Nov 10, 2017 by the way)

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #173
Absolutely! It has met every expectation and more in the one year and 15k miles of ownership. Sure there were some kinks to get worked out early on, but thanks to this forum I was well educated on every issue that presented itself which lead to quick solutions. Do I regret my decision to trade in the 2014 for the 2018? No way! This truck is every bit as refined and has been a pleasure to drive. The 10 speed and aluminum body were a game changer and sold me on my first test drive. Ok....maybe I regret letting those lariat limited wheels go ;)

·
Premium Member
9,091 Posts
You should!

I know someone who would have given you a couple of truck payments for those wheels. :)

Reactions: AllWhiteEco

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #176
Tunes are in!

Great customer service from Gearhead. I ordered the single tune and they ended up sending me both the performance and tow tune since I had the delay. Now that is just good business! Going to load the performance tune tonight. OAR on the stock tune is reading -0.98 at the moment. I’ll give it a few days before I post my review of the tune to let everything settle in. After all the research, I can’t wait to feel the tuned Gen 2 for myself!

·
Premium Member
9,091 Posts
I'm more looking forward to your 10-speed remarks. It obviously has to "settle" some too, but I love me some slick-shifting 10r80!

And the Sport Mode downshift is something I grin about at every traffic stop.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #178
Went for a test drive....is this really MY truck?

I’ll reserve further judgement, other than at only 50% throttle this thing pulls!

·
Registered
2019 3.5 XLT/SE 4X4 Magnetic SuperCrew 6.5 box 3.55 rear
97 Posts
Went for a test drive....is this really MY truck?

I’ll reserve further judgement, other than at only 50% throttle this thing pulls!

Truly night and day isn’t it? It’s amazing the talent these tuners have to be able to do what they do. And these Gen 2 motors are equally as impressive to boot. I still remember my first tuned drive very well, pure pickup nirvana. Congrats and enjoy!

PS—really digging that fire engine red machine, very nice. 👍🏼

161 - 179 of 179 Posts