F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
61 - 80 of 80 Posts
Discussion starter · #62 ·
So I will continue.
Six years since I ordered this F150. While waiting on delivery I worked up a list of additions and mods. Initially budgeted $40000 total. New as driven off the lot $27500, leaving $12500 in my budget. Started out at $2000 a year parts and mods, slowed the spending as things progressed. Currently at the budget max but that includes maintenance and worn parts like tires and brakes. My truck has only been to the dealership for recall service. No failures or problems at all. Just over 60000 miles and will probably keep it for another 6+ years or to the point I no longer will be driving, it still gets me smiling to drive around in it!
May buy some heated seat covers, to heat my old butt in the winter. KM

May buy some heated seat covers, to heat my old butt in the winter. KM
Let’s us know if Depends help keep your keister warm, until they get flooded. :cool:

Reactions: rjschatts
Discussion starter · #64 ·
Let’s us know if Depends help keep your keister warm, until they get flooded. :cool:
No flood problems here! The BM's are regular and uneventful. I do have the photos of my first colonoscopy, this may supply reasons for posting them on a truck forum! It does get cold in WI and seemingly colder as I age. KM

this may supply reasons for posting them on a truck forum!
Please refrain - those are probably going to get flagged as NSFW by the forum "AI" and we will have to delete them.

Reactions: rjschatts
Discussion starter · #66 · (Edited)
Bicycle part Gas Automotive exterior Bumper Auto part
Tire Automotive tire Wheel Tread Motor vehicle

Replacing the exhaust, like the Pypes put on 5+ years ago so the same with a more careful install. The muffler was on with the louvers pointing back, the louder way for a straight thru louver core muffler, and I was never happy with the hanging adjustments. A full redo is needed as the whole thing is hard set. Got fussy with trimming and hangs where I like. Needs some paint touch-up as the install added some scratches. Same sound just a bit quieter! KM

Discussion starter · #67 · (Edited)
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper Headgear Automotive exterior
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Hood
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tire
Automotive tire Automotive exhaust Automotive wheel system Gas Auto part

Cleaned up and clamps tight!

Sound turning off local bypass.

Hard 2nd gear 10-50 MPH. Down to 45 4th 2000 RPM.
KM

Discussion starter · #68 ·
Anniversary time, a fresh gift for my truck!
Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Car

Never been much for the appearance of my truck other than keeping a low key look, but I think this is an improvement!
Oh it may be hard to notice so a closeup.
Car Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light Grille Automotive lighting

An untenna! I have never listened to the AM or FM radio, MP3 or steaming via bluetooth since new. On the other hand it saves some weight and provides less frontal area!

That looks really nice!

ps. How much weight savings do you figure it provides?

Discussion starter · #72 ·
At least 1 or 2 ounces and the truck is faster by .001 MPH! Best thing is Clandonia still sounds good as ever! KM

Discussion starter · #73 ·
Car Wheel Tire Sky Vehicle

Another January. Steps back on as Cathy and I are only getting shorter! Looking at another LOOOONG trip out west in spring, may pull the drawers and go with a Bakflip cover. Still runs like it is new. KM

Another January. Steps back on as Cathy and I are only getting shorter! Looking at another LOOOONG trip out west in spring, may pull the drawers and go with a Bakflip cover. Still runs like it is new. KM
How long does it take to get out of that parking space? Does it get up to 3rd or 4th gear? :cool:

• Haha
Reactions: stvsbc
Discussion starter · #75 ·
You forget I drive an auto transmision more like a manual, it will not see 3rd till on the street with a 35 MPH limit! KM

• Haha
Reactions: Boatwaco
Discussion starter · #76 ·
More specific, depends on which way I want to go from"home"! KM

Map Plant Tree Land lot Urban design

• Haha
Discussion starter · #77 ·
Was looking thru old papers and the window sticker showed up. Posted photos of the left side here is the full page.
Font Material property Parallel Paper Paper product
The mileage figures are dead on even considering the mods done! KM

Discussion starter · #80 ·
You could buy 2 - 1 to drive, 1 for parts! :ROFLMAO:
Ha, not a single repair since delivered, only replaced wear items. The reliability of very few options!
I guess the door lock rebuild would be a repair, otherwise it has only been in to check 2 recalls, seatbelts and block heater cord. Seatbelts were fine, block heater took an hour, the door locks overnite. KM

61 - 80 of 80 Posts