Registered
2013 Ford F150 XLT 3.5 Ecobeast SuperCrew 4X4
1,961 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Platinum
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I can't tell on the site if they are sold by the each or by the pair ?
HAHAHA It's right on the header LOL
Got em ! Same as yours. Dang that shipping 😒
Ah yeah it’s not great! only reason I got them is my dad needed new HID bulbs for his car so I just tagged along to split the shipping haha and I knew from the past they had good quality stuff

Reactions: Arkansas Eco

·
Registered
2013 Ford F150 XLT 3.5 Ecobeast SuperCrew 4X4
1,961 Posts
Right. I wouldn't pay that shipping not knowing their bulbs are great.

Reactions: looqw

·
Registered
2013 Platinum
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #31 (Edited)
This weeks project is out with the new, in with the old 😅. Putting the stock shackles and blocks back in the rear! If everything works out I’ll be after some 2014 front lower control arms at some point this winter and the front with be raised to match the rear! *side note does anyone know if 2015+ LCA will fit a 2013?

enough of the lowered life for now!

Also Ryan was able to grab me the clutch assembly for my transfer case that I needed, thanks to @Mikey_Ltd for finding the part number. Was getting a burning smell following 4wd launches so we’re hoping this was the culprite! Should put it in in the next few weeks!

·
Premium Member
8,018 Posts
Just out of curiosity, what gets tiring about being lowered?

If you had 2 F150's, would you be leaving the lowered one lowered?

I ask because I have always been secretly enamored with having a truck that was dedicated to being a car. Or let's just say that I missed my chances in my youth to ever own a

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2013 Platinum
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #33

I ask because I have always been secretly enamored with having a truck that was dedicated to being a car. Or let's just say that I missed my chances in my youth to ever own a

Well in summer my friends and I like to camp just out in the back country, having the truck lowered did limit which areas we could access to camp for sure! I dragged it into a few places while crying inside... Also getting left behind on rough roads by all of my friends in rams.. you hear about that around the campfire the whole weekend haha..

Day to day, versatility is great! And if I didn’t enjoy doing what I do in the weekends so much I would just keep it lowered! If I could have 2 one would be even lower than this haha!

Ah a ranchero woulda been so cool 😎

·
Premium Member
8,018 Posts
You have confirmed my suspicions! Thanks for the response and the hijack.

@butthead truck haunts me, but not exactly how he would suspect, since he has done a marvelous job of building a great camping/off road budget machine. I, on the other hand, am intrigued about combining his budget approach with your (and other's) lowered strategy. In other words, a Regular Cab XL (Sport trim) 3.5 Gen2 and then Ranchero-ize it. Literally.

But I admit that I have to have a truck that can go off road and/or tow primarily. So yea, it'd take 2 trucks in the stable. :)

Cheers

·
Registered
5,819 Posts
My truck has never gone off road. Why would I pay this much money to mess it up?

Also, what makes you think your trasnfer case is messed up? I would be concerned about your trans.

·
Premium Member
3,415 Posts
My truck has never gone off road. Why would I pay this much money to mess it up?

Also, what makes you think your trasnfer case is messed up? I would be concerned about your trans.
It's not your thing and totally understandable. In my case though, I've done more damage on the road, then off.

·
Registered
2013 Platinum
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
You have confirmed my suspicions! Thanks for the response and the hijack.

@butthead truck haunts me, but not exactly how he would suspect, since he has done a marvelous job of building a great camping/off road budget machine. I, on the other hand, am intrigued about combining his budget approach with your (and other's) lowered strategy. In other words, a Regular Cab XL (Sport trim) 3.5 Gen2 and then Ranchero-ize it. Literally.

But I admit that I have to have a truck that can go off road and/or tow primarily. So yea, it'd take 2 trucks in the stable. :)

Cheers

no problem, and no worries on thread Jack as far as I’m concerned these build threads are basically the perfect place for open discussion.

I still love the truck lowered but want to have a few more options what I can do with it.
I checked out @butthead’s truck a few weeks back it looks sweet, the stance of it is perfect I think! I would love to have two as well!

·
Registered
2013 Platinum
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #39

I’m not talking about rock crawling or bogging my way into camping locations, however high centring on the middle of the trail, being unable to go up or down any sort of approach, and being limited to basically the speed of a car on washboard roads were all very annoying and likely more damaging to my truck than it will be in the future.
@Blown F-150 can probably explain why it seemed more likely to be the tcase, but the burning smell only comes after 4wd launches, very strong in the engine bay and when I roll my window down, transmission shift perfectly

Also, I suggest getting some wool wax black tint. Check my thread
I’m assuming for the surface rust?!

Reactions: Blown F-150

·
Modinstrator
2,863 Posts

I built several of the 351M/400 engines using old school big port/valve 351 Cleveland heads, valve train, cams, mod rods, Cleveland pistons, headers, Eldelbrock manifolds (both single and dual plane) etc. I put them in several cars and trucks of people I knew and a truck I owned. These were 450 plus HP streetable solid engines when done. I always wanted to own a Ranchero and put one in. I never got around to it.

21 - 40 of 96 Posts