·
Registered
5,819 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Platinum
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
im saying youre alrady buying new part, just buy the 15 stuff, only a little bit more money
But I have no need for a new knuckle and it does not benefit me at all. Ive already ordered the 14 LCA, what are you seeing as the benefit to having 15 stuff?

·
Registered
5,819 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Platinum
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
You already have the whole thing apart. lighter and no rust. I thought you're trying to race that thing :ROFLMAO:
Haha guess I coulda got the aluminum knuckles but this little project is already costing me enough haha! I can always take the backseats out 😅

·
Registered
2013 Platinum
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #65 (Edited)
Of all the parts to show up in the next little bit, the least exciting of it is here.

Dorman IWE deletes, should take care of the clicky front end. Grease fittings are a + so I’ll hopefully never have to swap them again. Will report back if there’s a mpg hit.

Moog 2014 Style lower control arms so I can run the new shocks! Also nice to get rid of the old rusty ones with 220,000k on the ball joints

New Ball joints in the moog LCA’s also came with grease fittings!

Most importantly one of my cats got a new Fort to play in the garage.

Should have some more interesting packages showing up next week 😎

·
Registered
51 Posts
Forgive me and this may seem like a dumb question but what does IWE stand for?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2013 Platinum
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
Forgive me and this may seem like a dumb question but what does IWE stand for?

I believe it stands for integrated wheel end, normally they are vacuum controlled to engaged or disengage the wheels when turning 4wd on/off.

The eliminators I am going to install make it so the wheels are always engaged but it will get rid of a common fail point.

·
Registered
2013 Platinum
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
So you’re putting in manual hubs.

Nope, they’re just permanently locked, the wheels are always turning with the axles much like chevys and other brands already do, the only thing that changes when putting it in 4wd now is the front driveshaft being engaged.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Nope, they’re just permanently locked, the wheels are always turning with the axles much like chevys and other brands already do, the only thing that changes when putting it in 4wd now is the front driveshaft being engaged.
We can also just unhook plug to make our oem do the same thing. Actually is a tsb from ford. Tyler had it done for a year now he just unplugged mine the other day as well. If i ever have a issue im gonna grab the doorman ones

·
Premium Member
8,018 Posts
We can also just unhook plug to make our oem do the same thing. Actually is a tsb from ford. Tyler had it done for a year now he just unplugged mine the other day as well. If i ever have a issue im gonna grab the doorman ones

Yea, the folks at Stage3 have mentioned on several videos that if you are having an issue troubleshooting your IWE's losing vacuum, you can either eliminate them with the eliminators, or just remove vacuum permanently from your IWE.

Same result. Permanent hub engagement to the driveshafts. You still have the front differential switching for 2WD VS 4WD.

I've chosen to just run my truck in 4A and only on occasion switch to 2WD in effort to verify the transfer case shift-motor is still functioning.

Admittedly 4A co$t me a couple of mpg, but I consider 16-17mpg to be FANTASTIC for a big giant luxury BRICK that can haul-azz, stop, turn, and pamper all at the same time. Remarkable engineering, in my opinion. Currently the reigning best in all the world.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
161 Posts
Yea, the folks at Stage3 have mentioned on several videos that if you are having an issue troubleshooting your IWE's losing vacuum, you can either eliminate them with the eliminators, or just remove vacuum permanently from your IWE.

Same result. Permanent hub engagement to the driveshafts. You still have the front differential switching for 2WD VS 4WD.

I've chosen to just run my truck in 4A and only on occasion switch to 2WD in effort to verify the transfer case shift-motor is still functioning.

Admittedly 4A co$t me a couple of mpg, but I consider 16-17mpg to be FANTASTIC for a big giant luxury BRICK that can haul-azz, stop, turn, and pamper all at the same time. Remarkable engineering, in my opinion. Currently the reigning best in all the world.

I agree. At my power level and weight im happy with my mileage as well. I did a day trip with the truck to the mountains in September on the same tune i ran my truck on during the dyno which is the tune I always run daily. It got 13.2 L/100k with 5 adults in it on a somewhat windy day. On average im in the 11’s and have seen 10’s lots as well. I definitely didn’t but it for mileage but for a 6year old truck thats tuned and driven ive been very impressed. I never had a issue with my iwe’s so i may plug them back in

·
Registered
51 Posts
Do they make manual hubs? I have heard of diesel truck guys changing out their auto hubs for manual locking ones.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I honestly don’t know why I am even commenting on this topic I am a 2wd guy with no need or desire for 4 wheel anytime in the future. I have driven many in the past for work as a surveyor.

·
Registered
5,819 Posts

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Just out of curiosity, what gets tiring about being lowered?

If you had 2 F150's, would you be leaving the lowered one lowered?

I ask because I have always been secretly enamored with having a truck that was dedicated to being a car. Or let's just say that I missed my chances in my youth to ever own a

Snakebitten. My 77 400M. Lowered and camping all the time. I do miss that truck.
Hijaked again.

0595748E-EB6D-48EC-BEC5-4CF288A51EF3.jpeg

·
Registered
2013 Platinum
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
Do they make manual hubs? I have heard of diesel truck guys changing out their auto hubs for manual locking ones.

They don’t make manual ones as far as I know, the actuators on the diesels are quite a bit different and accessible from the hub of the truck when the wheels are on. These are located behind the knuckle and would not have a place to cycle them from on or off.

·
Registered
2013 Platinum
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
Are you having problems with your 4x4 or you just want to change it while in there?
yeah like I was saying front end was clicking for a few kms everytime I switched out of 4wd kind of like the hubs weren’t fully disengaging. I figured while I’ve got it all apart is a good time to just do it once.

·
Registered
2013 Platinum
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
Snakebitten. My 77 400M. Lowered and camping all the time. I do miss that truck.
Hijaked again.

View attachment 169382
I wish I had taken pictures of the trails into the spots we went to this year, almost high centered it a few times and the skid plates and frame got a workout Unfortunately, we weren’t going into campgrounds as that would have been no problem!

Reactions: snakebitten
61 - 80 of 96 Posts