F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

161 - 180 of 190 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Platinum
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #161 ·
Ummmm less? More robust. A stiffer poly?

I'm guessing because the Raptor is designed for "banging around" more than our street queens.

Not to be confused with the Raptor suspension, which is more travel and plush on the street in a way.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
Yep definitely less flex, when I had mine out doing the transfer case I realized how soft it was so I decided to get this, it can also help with vibration at take off and highway cruising I guess.
Lucky for me I’ve got that raptor suspension now too 😅

·
Registered
2013 Platinum
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #162 · (Edited)
It looks like the two studs on the mounts are in different locations.
Yep the studs are a little further back on the mount, it usually requires enlarging the holes in the crossmember that it bolts too, I was able to make it all fit without any cutting or too much of a headache.

·
Premium Member
1,249 Posts
I noticed a pretty big difference when I installed it on my 2011. Especially when going into drive or reverse. Nice and smooth. Seemed to actually solve some false KR I had on some shifts as well.

·
Premium Member
2013 Ford F150 XLT 3.5 EgoBeast SuperCrew 4X4, 3.55 axles, 9.75" w/elocker
2,966 Posts
What do these mounts typically sell for ?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Can you simpy disconnect the rear drive shaft, lift the back of the tranny and swap them out?

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,249 Posts
Can you simpy disconnect the rear drive shaft, lift the back of the tranny and swap them out?

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk
You simply jack and support the trans. Remove crossmember. Remove 4 bolts on trans mount following the single bolt on the left exhaust hangar. Swap new trans mount in. Reverse process.

Bit tedious but not too hard of a job.

·
Registered
2013 Platinum
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #169 ·
You simply jack and support the trans. Remove crossmember. Remove 4 bolts on trans mount following the single bolt on the left exhaust hangar. Swap new trans mount in. Reverse process.

Bit tedious but not too hard of a job.
Exactly! Quite easy, doesn’t take long at all! Took me longer cause it was 12 at night and I was tryna keep quite for the Neighbour’s haha.

Managed to hardly fit all 8 tires in the truck, atleast the trip home I’ll only have 4 once they’re swapped.

·
Registered
2013 Platinum
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #170 ·
Well it’s all together now, love how it looks! Feels weird being up above everyone again, even other trucks!

Made a stop on the way home and had to get another pic, the rear is sagging a little with the 20’s in the box. The tires fill the wheel wells enough I think!

·
Premium Member
3,930 Posts
Well it’s all together now, love how it looks! Feels weird being up above everyone again, even other trucks!

View attachment 170141

Made a stop on the way home and had to get another pic, the rear is sagging a little with the 20’s in the box. The tires fill the wheel wells enough I think!

View attachment 170140
We can also bring down that front a little if you like. It’ll ride better too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,966 Posts
How bout some fender well liners ?

·
Registered
2013 Platinum
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #173 ·
We can also bring down that front a little if you like. It’ll ride better too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
With the tires out it actually is pretty level maybe even a little bit of proper rake, I’ll give it a go like this and if it feels harsh maybe we can try it? Thanks man!

How bout some fender well liners ?
haha I’ve got some in there, OEM ones!

·
Premium Member
2,966 Posts
With the tires out it actually is pretty level maybe even a little bit of proper rake, I’ll give it a go like this and if it feels harsh maybe we can try it? Thanks man!

haha I’ve got some in there, OEM ones!
Ok I zoomed in. Not as noticeable as aftermarket maybe.

·
Registered
6,078 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Platinum
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #178 ·
DO you notice any noise with the raptor mount in?

Also I thought you didnt drive in winter?
Honestly didn’t feel any difference with the raptor mount haha oh well..

Nah originally I didn’t last year and most of this year cause I had a cheap car for commuting, with no commuting going on doesn’t make sense for me to keep the thing, which means the truck will get used a little bit!

·
Registered
6,078 Posts
I have a custom one piece aluminum driveshaft and when I put my raptor mount in, i get this horrible grinding noise at lower speed in higher gear. It has to be etiher the shaft is not true, a binding u joint or at certain situation it makes the perfect frequency on it.

·
Registered
2013 Platinum
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #180 · (Edited)
I recently picked up any ATV and didn’t like the way the truck sagged with it in there. With the joint effort from @Blown F-150 and @Mikey_Ltd I was able to get these deaver/readylift add a leafs.

Got them put in and the “summers” back on. I removed the rear block when I added the leafs but it still definitely lifted the back a bit. As you can see it’s got some pretty good rake now, I’m sure they will settle a bit though!

161 - 180 of 190 Posts