F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Discussion starter · #1 ·
Drive a 2012 XLT 4x4 supercrew with 2700 miles. Now that spring is upon us in New England, I love the sound of the turbo's whistling. Could not really hear them with the windows up but now that I m driving with the windows down.....OMG.

filled up the tank yesterday morning and drove from MA to NH and back to RI. Total of 300 miles. Topped off the tank last night and confirmed I got 23.9 MPG all with the windows down. This truck rocks!

Within 1 year I went from never owning a Ford to now owning 2 Fords. My other ford is a 2013 Explorer Limited.

My wife had made a comment about my new truck not making the same turbo sounds as my previous car whuch was also turbo. I then started to miss the sound. I was cruising around last week and the weather was nice so I rolled down the windows and like you said...Dayum these turbos sound sweet! I really haven't opened her up yet due to my low milage and the break in, but now I am tempted just to hear those turbos scream.

We do have awesome trucks don't we!

SPPD

Get yourself a cold air intake and you'll really hear them sing!

By the way, 23.9mpg is awesome!

Nothing we have seen on the CAI has voided anyone’s warranty. Some folks have had issues with the rubber coupling cracking on certain CAI that caused solenoid damage to one of the turbo but put the stock intake back on and had it fixed under warranty (Doesn't take that long) but this was a rare case and extreme cold weather (-40f which test any part toughness).
But like others have mentioned putting a CAI will no doubt make the turbo sound come to life!

Nothing we have seen on the CAI has voided anyone’s warranty. Some folks have had issues with the rubber coupling cracking on certain CAI that caused solenoid damage to one of the turbo but put the stock intake back on and had it fixed under warranty (Doesn't take that long) but this was a rare case and extreme cold weather (-40f which test any part toughness).
But like others have mentioned putting a CAI will no doubt make the turbo sound come to life!
Like AK said. It was me with the selenoid issue. No problem with warranty. And If you love the sound of the turbo's,A CAI is the ticket for sure. Sounds wicked!

Reactions: AK-KingBoost
Took my bro for a spin in my Eco after picking him up from the airport last week for a visit. After a long plane ride, he was a little gassy... We rolled down the windows to deal with that and that is when I first heard the turbo sound with the windows down! More than makes up for the roar of a V8. Left the windows down fr awhile despite the fact that it was a balmy 35 degreees! Can't wait for warmer weather.

Me and my 9 year old son love driving with the windows down. The first time he heard the turbos he said it sounded like his school bus! He said it was cool!!!
Thats funny! But the more I think about it the more I agree. The turbos do sound similar to the turbos on my kids bus. Lol!

Thats funny! But the more I think about it the more I agree. The turbos do sound similar to the turbos on my kids bus. Lol!
I really enjoy the sound of the turbos! Glad I didn't have to buy a PowerStroke to get it! Getting ready to move out of AK in the future, so the purchase of this truck was part of the timeline...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

I went to the Dealer last week, approached My service writer (we have a long term relationship of 10 or 11 vehicles since 1991) and asked him for a piece of paper and a pen, he looked at me with a look of puzzlement and then honored my request, I took the pen wrote "1. cold air intake 2. ehxaust 3. tuner" and then turned the pad to him and said " I need you to simply put a y or an n next to each one of these" his response was that the first two weren't historically an issue, but anytime I get near the electronics I'm at ford's mercy, that being said, so far he's only seen issues from ford with people that are twisting the crap out of the turbos electronically, and that everything leaves a "footprint" so if they're really looking they'll know if a tuner is involved...

I myself am unhappy with the mileage and the 100mph speed limiter, so there's a tuner in my very near future, but that's what I was told "officially" lol!

On a seperate note, UPS just dropped off my carriage works billet itercooler protector, and install is only 4 screws!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.