F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey everyone.
Just got the ON 3 intercooler and installed today on my 2011 ECO. Not alot of details regarding this intercooler on the web or here, so I just wanted to show anyone who is curious about the kit what it looks like,comes with,ect.
1-Packaging was nice. Much cushion lol.
2-intercooler is built solid! Much more heavy then I thought .
3-The BOV was also packaged nice.Looks like a TiaL. (converted to single bov)
4-The piping was ok. I think the charge pipe could have been more solid but hey,it works!
5-Came with nice T bolt clamps.
The install took me about 2 hours,thats with an 18v impact and removing the BOVs ,routing vacuum line,etc.
One tricky part about the install was the horn. It DID NOT come with a relocation kit like the FR kit. So i just got creative and flipped the horn around and switched them. The kit was easy to install for me. Even removing the old,oily, dirty cooler was surprisingly easy. One note, the FR TB spacer WILL NOT work with this kit,so guess whats going in the classifieds soon! The kit looks sharp and clean.And there is not bottom support for the cooler like the FR.
All in all, for $600, you can't beat it! The bov sounds freaking amazing!
My charged air temp dropped big time!Over all,I am happy with the kit and would recommend it. Here are some shots and couple of vids. Thanks for reading!

EDIT: Their was about 1-2 degree difference between the charged air temp and IAT2 cursing at 45 mph with 5PSI.
outside-60F
IAT-72F
charged air-62
IAT- bouncing between 63-64
20150415_135936.jpg 20150415_140032.jpg 20150415_140137.jpg 20150415_140439.jpg 20150415_140709.jpg 20150415_140741.jpg 20150415_140756.jpg 20150415_140801.jpg

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Nice write up!

5-7 difference in IAT vs ambient?

Are you reading IAT2?

Mine hovers at around 15-20 above ambient at 50+ mph with my Wagner. Goes down a bit more when I stomp on it.

Reactions: BlakeJ

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice write up!

5-7 difference in IAT vs ambient?

Are you reading IAT2?

Mine hovers at around 15-20 above ambient at 50+ mph with my Wagner. Goes down a bit more when I stomp on it.
Hey bro!Thanks! I was going off charged air temp on my gauge, maybe I should be reading the IAT2 like you said .

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Yup IAT2 is the air temp in the manifold. That's the temps your engine is really responding too.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ah got it. I will do some more testing tomorrow. Ill edit with real number lol.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Ive had the intercooler on for about a month and some now and I couldn't be happier with it.

Reactions: 1M4G3 and 2Canches

·
Registered
533 Posts
^ Haha Nice first post.

Reactions: 1M4G3

·
Registered
5,400 Posts
I wish I could screen shot this post with who is the only like so far hahahahahah
uploadfromtaptalk1429796815349.png

2011 OW FX4 Ecoboost Luxury package Screw 5.5, 3.73, S&B intake, Flowmaster 40, rear lift block delete, running board delete, tinted heads, dipped emblems, shorty antenna, tonneau cover, 33's on 20's. SSI tune
Cracked windshield mod

·
Registered
216 Posts
anyone know if you can run this cac without running their bov setup on a 2012? or do you have to make the swap to the single?

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Call to order,ask them to weld a block off and they will credit you for not having the BOV.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Awesome that is good news as I just don't want to pull out my turbosmarts, half due to lack of motivation due to crazy busy work and half cause of the very slim resale opportunity up in the middle of nowhere. Thanks!

·
Registered
190 Posts
Thats what I did. They welded up the port so i could keep my turbosmart dual ports.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Right on, now i just need to get back home so I can start up my new credit card, cause air miles on all purchases + living in the middle of nowhere and hating canadian air travel prices = buy everything on the CC and pay it off 5 minutes later.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Right on, now i just need to get back home so I can start up my new credit card, cause air miles on all purchases + living in the middle of nowhere and hating canadian air travel prices = buy everything on the CC and pay it off 5 minutes later.
NICE! Really good idea.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts