F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Passed over 10K miles last week so decided to take Boostie up to Byron Dragway to see how well the Ford Engineers did. Best time was 15.209 @ 90+ mph. Ran it bone stock, in drive w/1500 rpm on converter, traction control on. Only slipped the tire on the last launch and still pulled a 15.250 and over 90 on that one, too.

Put a serious spanking on a 5.3 Tuned Silverado, too! He asked me if I would line up to run with him to see the comparison.

Will have more but for now i need to get to cuttin' the grass!

DSC08941.JPG DSC08940.JPG

·
Registered
393 Posts
Nice! Sounds like you had fun.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Sweet! How is the track in Byron?
I usually go to Great Lakes but have been kicking around a trip to Byron.

Very respectable numbers for a stock EcoBeast!

SPPD

·
Registered
37 Posts
Passed over 10K miles last week so decided to take Boostie up to Byron Dragway to see how well the Ford Engineers did. Best time was 15.209 @ 90+ mph. Ran it bone stock, in drive w/1500 rpm on converter, traction control on. Only slipped the tire on the last launch and still pulled a 15.250 and over 90 on that one, too.

Put a serious spanking on a 5.3 Tuned Silverado, too! He asked me if I would line up to run with him to see the comparison.

Will have more but for now i need to get to cuttin' the grass!

View attachment 2165 View attachment 2166
Close to what mine ran last time out,15.20 at 90 mph and a 15.13 at 89.58 mph 2.09 60ft 84 degree day.I ran a 14.88 at 90.83 mph 2.07 60 ft.and a 14.91 at 91.22 mph in April 50 degree day.What gears are in your truck?my truck is also a Supercab 4X4 with 3.31 gears.

Later Mark.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Byron is stickier than GLD, but it has no lights/night racing. Just sat/sun racing and its usually packed as all hell on nice days. GLD is much slower and their mid week track days are usually dead. You can hotlap if you want. Very cool. Byron also has the most annoying announcer ever. And hes the owner sooooooo....

·
Registered
588 Posts
LOL Sounds like you had a good time Mike! Always happy to hear the EcoBeast laying the pain... Amazing even more so you beat a tuned V8 this motor keeps on impressing me as time goes on miles rack up!

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok, analysis done, here's the evidence. Very interesting back half speed interval. On its record run my Cuda only picked up just over 20 MPH on a 12.802/103.94...

713BoostieByron.jpg

1 - 8 of 8 Posts