F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a 2013 fx4. I have the 20" rims. I have 3,000 on the truck. I now have a flat tire with a one in gash on the sidewall. I am not aware of hitting anything on the road but the gash seems to disagree. How would you proceed? Talk to dealer about getting warranty? Go straight to Bridgestone? Any ideas rather than buying a new tire?

2013 Black FX4 with FX appearance package, 402A, moonroof, nav, spray in bed liner, tonneau cover, tinted mirror reflectors, tinted third brake light, AFE stage 2 CAI, Borla Touring dual exhaust.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
for the cost of a tire, its probably not worth fighting. dealer will tell you its not their problem unfortunately.

·
Registered
868 Posts
only thing that covers tire damage or replacement is road hazard warranty, you can call and ask the dealership about it, cant hurt but it really depends on how they want to deal with it.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Did you even think to break out the warranty manual and read it?
You might be surprised to find that it say's you have coverage against this.
Of course I have not read mine either, but I would and or call the dealer before posting questions.
Just saying!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow outlaw25 I'm no ecoboost pro obviously. And maybe I am not aware of proper forum etiquette. But I did look through the paperwork the dealer gave me. I did some research online. It has been 5 days since the incident and as you can tell I asked other friends for advice. It just happens one friend found this ford warranty info online and sent it to me about 10 minutes after I posted here. I thought I would go to this valuable source of info that a rookie like myself has learned so much from the usually great and informative individuals on here. But thank you for your great advice. I am sorry I made you take the time to read a post and cause you to waste your time to respond in the manner like you did. I guess I was hoping to not reinvent the wheel (see what I did there). Maybe others will learn from my experience like I have so many times already. I will post fords response after I take the tire to them this weekend ... for others obviously.

2013 Black FX4 with FX appearance package, 402A, moonroof, nav, spray in bed liner, tonneau cover, tinted mirror reflectors, tinted third brake light, AFE stage 2 CAI, Borla Touring dual exhaust.

·
Registered
736 Posts
I'll appreciate an update. Most people post problems and then never update with what actually solved it or how it was handled. Thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts