F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was a little surprised to find some debris inside of my truck box (which is covered with a soft tonneau). There is an open seem in the box bed plate behind the wheel wells and just forward of the rear bulkhead. I checked a few other 2013's in the dealer lot and they are all the same. I assume this is to allow water to drain out. Just wish it were not placed in a spot where debris from the rear wheel can get into the truck box. So far all that I have noticed is some find sand and debris, no water as of yet. Anybody have any problems with this do anything to keep material out of your box?

Iron Mountain-20130416-00276.jpg

·
Registered
943 Posts
I haven't noticed that seam but, I did find that I can see clear to the ground just behind the cab on the right hand side. I plan to seal it up with silicone as soon as the weather warms up a bit.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Hum... That is something I noticed before spraying in the bedliner, the shop laid it on thick and those spots are sealed.

seems redundant but a bed mat should cover that up and add a little more beef to the bed...

·
Registered
13,026 Posts
I noticed the ground also when I was washing out the box after a load to the dump. I'm surprised that you have a seam being box sprayed. Now I really want my box sprayed to seal it up

familia primero

·
Administrator
7,725 Posts
I have the seams as well, nice gap on the driver side near the front. The company that Rhino lined my truck did a horrible job (check my build thread if you want to see) so I think I will just take it into my own hands to spray it with bedliner material.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
6 Participants
milesej05
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing