F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was a little surprised to find some debris inside of my truck box (which is covered with a soft tonneau). There is an open seem in the box bed plate behind the wheel wells and just forward of the rear bulkhead. I checked a few other 2013's in the dealer lot and they are all the same. I assume this is to allow water to drain out. Just wish it were not placed in a spot where debris from the rear wheel can get into the truck box. So far all that I have noticed is some find sand and debris, no water as of yet. Anybody have any problems with this do anything to keep material out of your box?

Floor Tire Automotive wheel system Trunk Vehicle

·
Registered
939 Posts
I haven't noticed that seam but, I did find that I can see clear to the ground just behind the cab on the right hand side. I plan to seal it up with silicone as soon as the weather warms up a bit.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Hum... That is something I noticed before spraying in the bedliner, the shop laid it on thick and those spots are sealed.

seems redundant but a bed mat should cover that up and add a little more beef to the bed...

·
Registered
12,925 Posts
I noticed the ground also when I was washing out the box after a load to the dump. I'm surprised that you have a seam being box sprayed. Now I really want my box sprayed to seal it up

familia primero

·
Administrator
7,834 Posts
I have the seams as well, nice gap on the driver side near the front. The company that Rhino lined my truck did a horrible job (check my build thread if you want to see) so I think I will just take it into my own hands to spray it with bedliner material.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.