F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am less than a week into my new life as an EB operator. I say operator because I can't say owner. I have a lease vehicle. I did this because of the payment. I couldn't resist and my current lease was up. I knew how great these trucks were for a couple years now but WOW! Nothing like driving it day after day. I really have never enjoyed driving as much as I do now. So here's my conundrum.... Do I do ANYTHING to my new toy? I'd love to swap the lights all around, swap grill, insert grill in lower mouth for protection, CAI, upgrade speakers, tint and bedliner and who knows maybe more!!! And I say all of this because I know if I start I will want to just keep at it. But it's a lease! Now I am only considering because I can always buy my lease out if I love the truck (foreshadowing). OR just take it all off and sell the stuff on a site like this. OR Do nothing because I could just save my money for my next lease and have a brand new truck again? So what do you think?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Oh that's tough... yea you could save and then lease/buy the 2015 Atlas..

·
Registered
107 Posts
If you have the $$$ for all that add-on stuff, then buy the truck. Now there's no questions what to do/not to do, because it's all yours. They are really, really nice trucks. The very first thing I did (even made my appointment before buying the truck) was to tint the windows. Looks so slick and protects the interior too. For performance, the biggest bang for the buck is a tuner. And go with Livernois on that. Technically, you could do that to a lease and put it back to stock when you turn it in. I'm not sure if anyone would catch that or not. Again, it's a great truck...so good choice and good luck with the future mods.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Once you get bitten by the mod bug, it's hard to stop.. Just ask me :) If you do end up buying alot of aftermarket parts just be sure to keep the stock parts. That way if you do end up selling the truck, you can put it back to stock and sell your aftermarket parts.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I look at it this way......I usually buy all kinds of add-ons (cat-back, grille guard, bed rails, splash guards etc.) when I purchased a vehicle in the past and I ended up leaving those items on when I traded vehicles. These left on items esentially add no value to the trade. Now I lease and usually add a few add-ons and sometimes when appropriate leave them on the vehicle when the lease is up. You have to be careful what you leave and what you take off. To me its 6 of one half dozen of the other. Also I do NOT use tunes as I think the manufacturers know way more about the vehicles they design and build than do the "tuner" companies. A tuner used on a turbocharged engine to raise the boost levels is not a good idea. My opinion of course and your mileage may vary.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for your input guys, MUCH APPRECIATED!!! Now it didn't take long but I evaluated everything from numbers to how much I love the truck. But truthfully, my wife made the decision. It has been snowing all day and some of the roads aren't safe in 2wheel drive. So I made my wife drive and put it in 4wheel high and let her get it. She couldn't believe how it ate up the road. She said I had her full support to buy the truck at the end of the lease. So guys, I'm officially "Under Construction" !!!!!!! More posts to come but I have my reading to do. But, hell yeah, go FORD!

Reactions: Eco_Punisher

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have the same problem. Leased it in 2011 and loveing it. I got a few mods, but I'm not sure what I'm gonna do. I think I'm gonna buy it, but you never know. They might have smokin deal on a new one.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Skeet,

depending on when your lease is up, go check it out right now! They have the BEST leasing on F-150's right now. My lease payment is cheaper than if I would have gotten a fusion that was 15k cheaper (sticker). But see if they would buy you out of your lease and put you in a 13. The interior is a bit nicer. And then buy the lease out at the end. If you get a low enough $$ factor on your lease, (like they have right now) then the interest averages out when you buy the lease out. But you will have low payments. Mine is below $350. Check it out

·
Registered
495 Posts
Only winners on a lease are the finance company and the dealer.
The person leasing is the loser in the end
NEVER EVER LEASE a car or truck
You do not save money.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I put $0 down and my payment is $332 a month and I have a truck with a $43,000 sticker. I'm sorry but I call that WINNING!!!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah skeet, that's too far out. When you get to the 120 day out range then I would start shopping deals.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts