F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, my birthday is coming up and I have a $200-$300 window here. There's so much out there, you fellas got any opinions for me on what I should purchase? Appearance, performance, etc. It's such a tough choice between all of the stuff out there I need some help. Thanks guys, anything is appreciated.

KCCO!

·
Registered
6,517 Posts
a tune if you don't have one
THIS. Even a "canned" tune will wake that truck up more than anything else you could spend that money on.
OR...
I bet you'll see a lot of good used SCT live wires up for sale soon, now that their new device is shipping. Maybe on this forum, but also many other venues as well.

Sent from my HAL9000 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok. A tune would be awesome. I'll have to keep my eye open. The sct, what is involved in changing tunes on the truck with those? I don't know anything about this kind of stuff so any info will be greatly appreciated.

KCCO!

·
Registered
736 Posts
Plug the sct device into the obd2 port and follow the on screen instructions. Takes about 10 mins to upload tune file to truck. Like vol said there's gonna be a ton of used 3015 and livewires in the near future from people who want the latest models. They all will get the job done it's just personal preference.

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What's the advantages/disadvantages between the 3015 and livewire?

KCCO!

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Definitely a tune...the new X4 is a great all in one unit, it is the best bang for the buck...read through the thread from kingbalak, lots of good info there.

Let me know if you need any other questions answered.

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok. Soundin good guys. Thanks. Kinda lookin like it's a tune unanimously. I'll have to start educating the wife so she knows what to look for. Lol.

KCCO!

·
Registered
736 Posts
Don't settle for a bulldog or edge or superchips or the like. A real tune takes the truck to a whole new level

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Understood. I've pretty much ruled out a CAI for now because everything I've read, you don't notice hardly any performance. And as much as I love turbo noise, it ain't worth the $350. Still want an exhaust too.

KCCO!

·
Registered
6,517 Posts
Understood. I've pretty much ruled out a CAI for now because everything I've read, you don't notice hardly any performance. And as much as I love turbo noise, it ain't worth the $350. Still want an exhaust too.

KCCO!
Yep...tune first....all other performance mods compliment that and vice versa. When's your bday?

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
June 20

KCCO!

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
I'm gonna break from the masses and suggest some of these...

...and maybe a tune. ;)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,427 Posts
SCT tuners are the best option to go with. Bulldog, Superchips, and Livernois' AIW tuners have little to no support from outside companies. and yes, I run Livernois.... For now (LET May just be able to persuade me into a new tune).

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
No....I'm on vaca in cocoa beach FL and it's at the ABC liquors down the street.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts