F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just plasti dipped my grille today. My plan was to plasti dip the chrome part of the bumper as well, I am thinking with the two chrome bars in the grille, with the two chrome tow hooks will be enough chrome with the black to break up all the black and make it look good. My other option is to leave the chrome on the bumper, and peel the grille surround off and re-black the entire inside of the grille. So option two would be chrome grille surround and chrome bumper.

Side note, all of my emblems are blacked out, and I am a huge fan of the black on white color scheme, I just know there is a point of too much "blacking out". Just curious to see what everyone has to say. I think the ford emblems blacked out, with the chrome letters peeled out looks amazing! I will be sure to post pics of them when I get some.

plasti dip.jpg

·
Registered
122 Posts
I like the way it looks now. IMO.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Looks great in the photo!

SPPD

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So far you think I should stick with me original plan then?

Nice thing about this stuff....if you don't like it, peel it off!

I like it, I just did it today so I'm at that point where it is "different" so I was unable to decide my thoughts for sure on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
^^ Thanks for the above!

I have seen some brutally honest replies on this forum, so I do definitely value all opinions, as I know you guys are not afraid to tell it as you see it!

·
Registered
181 Posts
My suggestion is to color match the grille surround and the lower chrome bumper, then black the entire inside of the grille.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
I was contemplating doing my bumpers as well. But after researching the product and reading reviews I'm going to wait or have them powder coated.
IMHO anything that can be peeled off doesn't have very good adhesion. I'm thinking road grit will wear it down, allow water behind and separate it.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Did you mask the ford letters, or just peel it off?

·
Registered
374 Posts
Looks good! They also make white plasti dip if you want to look like an fx2/4. I like the all black look.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

·
Registered
74 Posts
Oval looks great! I do like the grille too. That small section of chrome sets it off nicely.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Since you DID ask for an opinion....I think it is god awful. Makes the truck look like a striped down XL model. I am sure there is a place for the plastic coating somewhere on the truck, but the grille and the bumper aren't it. Maybe I'm just getting old:confused:. Best of luck with your truck.

Disclaimer, the above post is my honest opinion and not intended to offend. Flame suit is on.

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
I love the grill. Not too big on the bumper though.

·
Registered
7,405 Posts
Ya the black on white makes it look like a fleet work truck. Get the white plasti dip and maybe do that.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Since you DID ask for an opinion....I think it is god awful. Makes the truck look like a striped down XL model. I am sure there is a place for the plastic coating somewhere on the truck, but the grille and the bumper aren't it. Maybe I'm just getting old:confused:. Best of luck with your truck.

Disclaimer, the above post is my honest opinion and not intended to offend. Flame suit is on.
This is exactly why I posted! No biggie, I appreciate honest opinions. Honesty is exactly what I was hoping for. No flaming at all.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts