F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 38 of 38 Posts
Discussion starter · #21 ·
Looks good! They also make white plasti dip if you want to look like an fx2/4. I like the all black look.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
So your thinking white on the bumper? Or where were you thinking the white would be best?

Nice thing about this stuff, if you don't like it...peel it and try again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Discussion starter · #22 ·
Ya the black on white makes it look like a fleet work truck. Get the white plasti dip and maybe do that.
I guess that's kinda almost the route I'm going for... I think. I am not super huge on all the chrome. I love the black on white look. I'm just trying to figure out the correct way to cover the chrome up so it looks good.

I am thinking I may grab a couple cans of white plasti dip and try the fx4 style, with the white grille surround and white bumper?

So your thinking white on the bumper? Or where were you thinking the white would be best?

Nice thing about this stuff, if you don't like it...peel it and try again!

Yeah white on bumper, black on grill and emblems

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Discussion starter · #27 ·
Here is something I am thinking, it's kinda a combo of some opinions on here, friends at work input, and some personal preference thrown in.

What about chrome grill surround, blacked out 2 bar grill insert and ford emblem. White bumper to match the rest if the truck (fx4 style) ? Any thoughts on that??

I really like the grill the way it is. I think you should do the bumper white. You did an awesome job on the logo.

Discussion starter · #30 ·
Why is there a non-Ford in your garage next to your Eco? Must be the wife's.....? :)
HAHA! That is actually my uncles Tacoma. He was going to trade it in on an EcoBeast the same day I got mine, but... the salesman was pretty much an ass... so my uncle said congratulations on loosing a sale, grabbed the paperwork, threw it in the trash walked to the sales manager told him how he had never dealt with salesman that rude in his life.

I still bought mine since it was a sweet deal, but my uncle was not pleased. I do not blame him all he was thinking of doing was moving from the xlt to a higher trim package and was asking different features of the packages.

Salesman's response: "They make this great new thing called the internet, its pretty cool you can use a search engine to find just about anything you want to know" I was fairly shocked and honestly do not think my uncle was out of line for walking on the deal.

Discussion starter · #32 ·
I really like the grill the way it is. I think you should do the bumper white. You did an awesome job on the logo.

Ill do the bumper with the grille the same...see how it looks and go from there. Im so on the fence about how I want it to look. I love the black on white, not huge on chrome, not certain how I feel about the color matching bumper....decisions decisions....

I am planning on doing my wheels black also, I love black wheels on white vehicles. I just cant decide the grill/bumper scheme Automotive tire Tire Automotive exterior Vehicle Bumper
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive tire Tire

Discussion starter · #33 ·
I think I may have found the winner, I was playing around with it a bit yesterday, and decided that the white plasti dip does not do a ton for me, it looks alright but not great, so here is what I came up with. I peeled the bumper and grille surround and left them chrome and blacked out the two pieces in the grille insert. Land vehicle Automotive tire Vehicle Tire Car
Tire Automotive tire Automotive exterior Bumper Vehicle
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive tire Tire

For what it's worth....that, in my opinion, is a VAST improvement from what you had before. I think possibly the white truck is making matters difficult. Not everything looks good with white.

By the way, my truck is Platinum White.

Bob

That looks awesome!

That really sets it apart. It's the perfect mix between the FX and XLT packages.

Discussion starter · #38 ·
Thanks for the above! I like it, I'll post up a pic when there is not quite so much cloud cover and you can see it a bit better.

I have been real impressed with how durable the plasti did is so far. I did my exhaust tip as a test piece. Has like 1000 miles on it. When I clean it up not a mark on it. I held my pressure washer on the emblems for about 30 seconds, didn't budge it. I'm not real sure how something you can peel off so easy stays on so well.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.