F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

21 - 40 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
I understand where you are coming from, but you won't notice a difference. CAI and exhaust are little more than appearance mods. I knew that going into it, so I wasn't disappointed. If you want mpg you already have what you need to boost that- your right foot. I have a seen a best tank of 23.xx on my LET tune, and I have a very heavy combo. My best mpg untuned is 22.xx which is close enough that I don't want to completely attribute it to the tune, could have been some other variable.

Check out the *Official* NASCAR thread!
http://www.f150ecoboost.net/forum/showthread.php?t=7010

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
If I had to turn back time on my 13 it would be As follows for performance.
Tune
CAC
Catless DP
Turbo upgrade
And nothing else.
But the day I leave the lot I tint my windows first.
Next ecoboost will have a tune,CAC, level kit, tint, and amp power steps unless I buy a platinum because they already have them. The tune and CAC will be second after windows so I can run the truck before I add the level kit.

·
Registered
415 Posts
If I had to turn back time on my 13 it would be As follows for performance.
Tune
CAC
Catless DP
Turbo upgrade
And nothing else.
But the day I leave the lot I tint my windows first.
Next ecoboost will have a tune,CAC, level kit, tint, and amp power steps unless I buy a platinum because they already have them. The tune and CAC will be second after windows so I can run the truck before I add the level kit.
Most guys can't go non catted down pipes which sucks cause I wish I could take mine out.

·
Registered
104 Posts
1. AEM CAI

2. LMS tunes

3. SW catted DP

4. 20x9.5 Enkei ST6 with 275/60-20 SR-A

5. Heavy Duty Tow package brake kit from S3M

6. Bilstein 5100's all around, 2.25" lift front and 3" rear blocks (1.75" rear lift)

7. N-fab Side steps

8. SW Chambered exhaust - AFE charge pipe - AFE hot side pipes - Wagner Intercooler - UPR Dual catch can

9. LET tunes

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
1.) performance
2.) wheels/tires/level
3.) lighting
4.) suspension (mid-travel)

·
Registered
13,026 Posts
Mine went like this as I was learning like most a year ago

AFE CAI

TUNE

O/R catless DP
with
Res delete, flex pipe delete

Wagner CAC

Wheels/Tires & level are next spring

Sent from my white iPad 3 in a http://www.red.org/en/ smart case using an app called Tapatalk

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
It's a great idea but you're missing one key variable. Most want to know what each mod makes compared to a baseline whether that be stock or tuned, but mostly stock. You'd have to remove each previous mod to isolate the new part. Plus, the conditions will be different. Let the companies do the testing. It's a very nice gesture but think about #1 for this. You will not notice any bolt-ons in your butt dyno(unless I'm fogetting something obvious) until tuned. Full synthetic and a catch can are key for longevity but won't do anything on a stock truck for performance. That's my opinion based on what I have read anyway. I guess you could gain an mpg using full synthetic 0w-30....
You won't feel the difference a cac makes but you will see it on a guage. Do you plan to keep this truck for a long time? Trade for new in a few years?
Some truth to that for sure, constant would not be constant for all. Full synth will go in soon after the 1000 mi break in. Still researching catch cans... seems to be a sensitive subject around these parts haha.

But yes, I will have this truck (hopefully) for a LONG time. She's a keeper. Unless I happen upon a sack of treasure on one of my hunting trips... then 250 on 37s here I come! Haha.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Ordered some LED fog replacements last night. Guess I just blew the list out of the water. Getting crazy over here guys.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Stop it! Bad HuntTruck!
LOL. Fear not! More important matters shall be attended to... as soon as I decide which road I want to take to Mods'ville.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
I did these between Jan 14-present:
1. window tint
2. tuner and customs tune
3. billet grille for CAC, Shorty antenna, front plate delete mod, AEM drop-in filter
4. small sub/amp upgrade
5. Toyo AT2 tires on factory rims
6. Level

·
Registered
27 Posts
My list.

1) k&n drop in, went to dealer to pick up truck with 3 miles on it with filter in my hand.

2) tints

3) afe catback

4) afe chargepipes

5) laminex for fog lights and red vht spray for my cab light

7) sct x4 with MPT

8) bedliner for side work

Wanna do downpipes, don't know weather to go cat less or not because my catback real loud as it is and I know when I went cat less on my sti it made it louder lol

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
-Tint
-Airaid Intake
-Livernois 91 perf tune
-35" toyo at2's, 17x9 wheels, 2" level
-ADD venom front bumper
-Solo 4" mach46 exhaust

Next is down pipes and suspension work.

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
As everyone else mentioned, save your money on the CAI and exhaust unless you're looking for under-hood bling and extra sound when you mash the loud pedal.

I did mine a bit backwards according to everyone else:

1. Full-Race FMIC
2. Catted downpipes (lost roughly 1 mpg overall with this one - didn't know that going into it)
3. RX ported throttle body
4. 170 degree thermostat (not installed yet)

Next on the list: meth kit and a tune.

I've also done appearance stuff: Harley tails, replaced Platinum front end with Harley front end, removed all Platinum chrome body-side moulding, swapped tow mirrors for standard power-folds, etc.

Waiting to be installed: complete stereo system, door detents, 170 degree t-stat, new LED reverse lights (hate the ones I bought).

If I were to do it all over again, I would quite probably tune first. It's going to be the biggest "seat of the pants" change of any part you'll install and I had no clue the tuners would update for you as you add new go-fast goodies.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
As everyone else mentioned, save your money on the CAI and exhaust unless you're looking for under-hood bling and extra sound when you mash the loud pedal.

I did mine a bit backwards according to everyone else:

1. Full-Race FMIC
2. Catted downpipes (lost roughly 1 mpg overall with this one - didn't know that going into it)
3. RX ported throttle body
4. 170 degree thermostat (not installed yet)

Next on the list: meth kit and a tune.

I've also done appearance stuff: Harley tails, replaced Platinum front end with Harley front end, removed all Platinum chrome body-side moulding, swapped tow mirrors for standard power-folds, etc.

Waiting to be installed: complete stereo system, door detents, 170 degree t-stat, new LED reverse lights (hate the ones I bought).

If I were to do it all over again, I would quite probably tune first. It's going to be the biggest "seat of the pants" change of any part you'll install and I had no clue the tuners would update for you as you add new go-fast goodies.
Man, how bummed where you about the loss with the DPs? Do you think it is a true loss due to the part, or a loss because it makes you put your foot on the go button a little harder?

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
-Tint
-Airaid Intake
-Livernois 91 perf tune
-35" toyo at2's, 17x9 wheels, 2" level
-ADD venom front bumper
-Solo 4" mach46 exhaust

Next is down pipes and suspension work.
Have you decided on a route for susp yet? I know my other thread put us all in a tizzy about what to do haha.

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
Man, how bummed where you about the loss with the DPs? Do you think it is a true loss due to the part, or a loss because it makes you put your foot on the go button a little harder?
After I noticed the difference, I started looking around and found several people saying the same thing. It's a true loss. I don't beat on it any more than I did before the installation. I've tried driving tame on the highway and watching the lie-o-meter and it's usually a bit lower than it was before.

I'm not mad about it as I'm looking for performance, hence the growing parts list. I accepted the fact that I'll never see fuel mileage close to the sticker within weeks of buying the truck.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Have you decided on a route for susp yet? I know my other thread put us all in a tizzy about what to do haha.
Definitely the King setup from bajakits. It might be a while cuz I would need new tires that arent as wide. Im thinking a 295 should work for the width. Mine right now are a 315. Hopefully I could find someone to do an even trade. I get my bonus in March so that's the earliest suspension would happen.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Definitely the King setup from bajakits. It might be a while cuz I would need new tires that arent as wide. Im thinking a 295 should work for the width. Mine right now are a 315. Hopefully I could find someone to do an even trade. I get my bonus in March so that's the earliest suspension would happen.
That's what I'm thinking as well. You'll get there before me so I'll be interested to get your feedback once you have it!

21 - 40 of 90 Posts
About this Discussion
89 Replies
48 Participants
Nomad Rebrab
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing