F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been on the fence for a long time, but finally did the deed and order an exhaust for my Eco. I went with the Gibson cat back dual exit on the driver side behind the rear wheel well. It comes with the stainless dual tips, I'll see how they look on my black FX4, but if I need to I can always paint them with black BBQ grill paint.

Found them for just under $330 with free shipping to my door. They also offer the dual rear bumper exit and the dual one exit per side swept back for the same price.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Awesome!!! Post some pics and a nice video of idle and drive by if you can. Would love to check it out. I'm still on the fence myself about which exhaust I want.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Review and pics please!

SPPD

Reactions: STdan

·
Registered
859 Posts
Cool! Are you going to do the install yourself?

·
Registered
393 Posts
Been on the fence for a long time, but finally did the deed and order an exhaust for my Eco. I went with the Gibson cat back dual exit on the driver side behind the rear wheel well. It comes with the stainless dual tips, I'll see how they look on my black FX4, but if I need to I can always paint them with black BBQ grill paint.

Found them for just under $330 with free shipping to my door. They also offer the dual rear bumper exit and the dual one exit per side swept back for the same price.
If you don't mind, could you please let me know where you ordered it from? Thanks!

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If you don't mind, could you please let me know where you ordered it from? Thanks!
Boy Howdy I'm glad I ordered:
Well I just went over to Ebay to post a link to who I purchased it from, but the prices seems to have gone up by almost $115 over night. I don't know if it was a sale that ended on the last day of the month or what the deal is. They do have a "make an offer" option if you want to try that. I paid $329.93 shipped.

Gibson Performance 9209 Dual Sport Dual Exhaust Kit 11 12 F 150 Pickup | eBay

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Next best price I had found was at MPV.com for $348 with free shipping. I went with the single side dual exit due to having extra wiring run down the drivers side of the truck for tow lights mounted inside the tail lights for when we tow the FX4 behind the motor home.

Doing the single side exit just seemed to keep things simple. I really liked the dual exit out the rear bumper. I don't plan to tow a enclosed trailer, but then things and thoughts do change from time to time.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I have considered that same exhaust set up, but have been hesitant b/c of cabin drone. Let us know how it sounds running down the highway, also if you have any problems hearing on the hands free phone calls. Thx

·
Registered
156 Posts
Is this system a true cat back? Looking at the pics it looks like it keeps the stock resonator. Regardless it looks like a nice system!!!! You can always remove the resonator and add 3" straight pipe in place of the stock resonator if its not loud enough for ya. Lol.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts