F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i put 275/65/20 toyo at2's on my 13' Screw FX4. At 45 psi the ride is still pretty good. The tires fill the wheel well up and the truck looks like these should come factory. I had Quicklift fronts and the 9000 rears ordered. It's been a week n still haven't shipped. Im reallllllllllly considering just canceling them n running the stock suspension. What to do, what to do?....

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
Those are 275/65/20 toyos at2 no level, no cutting/rrubbing im waiting on the rest of my Quicklift to arrive. Im gonna prob put them on just to have the shock dampening adjustments

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
I'd still go with the front level.
Tire size doesn't change that look of a leveled truck. It's amazing how much better my truck looks with the extra 2" in the front.
Just my opinion but I'll bet most will agree.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I've had the same tires on mine for a few months now and really like them and the look, but the whole time I've been debating on doing some kind of lift. I was thinking of going with AS 1.5" or 2" front and their 3" rear blocks to keep most of the stock rake. IMO you want that rake if you tow or haul anything, kinda funny seeing trucks drive down the road with their nose in the air and rear squatted down.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ahhhh finally the rest of my Quicklift set arrived. Guess I'll have to wait and see when it can get put on now

·
Registered
43 Posts
Love the white Bjg068. Here is my Tuxedo Black '13 FX4 with the QuickLift on the front, running the exact same tires you have on yours. I LOVE the lift, and would do it again in the second. Tires I'm actually trading out to DuraTrac 305/55/20 just because I'll get an extra 0.2" height, and I really love the aggressive tread, rim protection benefit, and the fact that they are winter rated as well.

IMG_3007 -v2.jpg photo 2.JPG

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Bwlandu, i put it on last night. Ilike the look, but cant dial in the shocks to where i like them. Im trying 5front n 3rear now. It seems hard on bumps. And the 93 MPT performance street tune is only getting me 12mpg and im driving really really easy. ��

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
image.jpg
Well, its installed. Looks great. I cant get it to ride nice. I've been on 6,5, now 4 and small pot holes are bone jarring. The body rolls less in curves, but its dampening is too harsh. Is something wrong here????

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
They must of broke in some, the ride is getting better

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
They must of broke in some, the ride is getting better
I noticed that the Quicklifts ride noticeably stiffer than stock as far as the spring rate is concerned. They unload very harshly over railroad tracks and speed bumps. I am 1/2" higher in the front on my 2013 Platinum and having a hard time finding a 2.5" replacement block to get me where I want to be. I am hoping the Rancho springs settle and loosen up a bit but I already have 500 miles on them. I've played with every combination trying to dial them in with no luck. They'll be on Ebay if they don't lighten up some. I've read some guys say they ride better than stock but I find that hard to believe.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
When u say 1/2" higher up front- if your measuring fenders, i believe the f150 does actually have bigger front wheel wells

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
When u say 1/2" higher up front- if your measuring fenders, i believe the f150 does actually have bigger front wheel wells
Correct. I am measuring front the ground to the center of the highest point of the wheel well. 39" in front. 38.5" in rear. Even if the front wells are bigger, the tops of the wells are the visual center of what we perceive as level so they should all measure the same on a level truck. This is what most members are referencing when they speak of a truck that is dead on level, right? I am looking for .75" of back to front rake personally and need a 2.5" replacement block to make it work.

Are you getting used to your Ranchos? They are really well made but I hate to sacrifice my sweet factory ride for them.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I just installed my Quick lift, On a youtube video the front driver strut had the adjuster nob facing towards the wheel, when i went to install it i had to face it away from the wheel but on the passanger side it is facing the wheel, so now my driver side is a little more difficult to adjust, did anyone else have this problem?

I love the look of the extra height, i didnt touch the settings out of the box, what have you guys found to be the sweet spot with front and back?

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
I just installed my Quick lift, On a youtube video the front driver strut had the adjuster nob facing towards the wheel, when i went to install it i had to face it away from the wheel but on the passanger side it is facing the wheel, so now my driver side is a little more difficult to adjust, did anyone else have this problem?

I love the look of the extra height, i didnt touch the settings out of the box, what have you guys found to be the sweet spot with front and back?
Mine was the same way, only reversed so that the passenger's adjuster knob was facing the engine, making it almost impossible to get your fingers on it. whoever assembled the damn thing, did it 180 out. I thumb tightened the top strut bolts and got a large pipe wrench and a thick piece of rubber around the lower strut mount and just turned it back 180 degrees. Fixed. Both knobs facing out.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
63 Posts
I had the quicklift rancho shocks. Loved the lift but the ride was horrible. Called up tech support and they told me that the shock needed to be unloaded. I needed to twist the hex head on top of the shock one full turn clockwise. Yeah good luck. After I broke off the hex head. Rancho sent me another set and I had them already pre loaded. Just install them and they will be fine. Still a horrible ride. I took them off and sent them back. I now run a 2.5" solid block, with factory shocks and it's way better. Sorry rancho.

·
Registered
63 Posts
If your knobs are looking at the engine there backwards. If u have one look at the tire and the other looking at the engine you have two of the same parts. They make both driver and passenger side quicklifts. Both knobs should be look at the tires for quick adjustments.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts