F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm ordering the parts to replace the manifold on each side of my 2015 Ecoboost XLT Sport as at least the passenger side has been leaking for more than a year (I know I know)..

Anyways I just want to make sure I'm ordering everything I should need.. And if there's any special tools I'll need to do this, please let me know! I have most basic tools as I work on my own dirt bikes and do construction. This will be my first time doing something like this on a truck, so any advice is welcome! Also installing a 4 inch rough country lift this weekend myself, so that'll be fun lol.

I plan on ordering these 2 kits from BDDIESEL..

Is there a cheaper way to do this? I tried looking around but it seems like this is the best option price wise.. Also, is there anything else these kits are missing that I need to order as well??

Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
2015 Ford F-150 Lariat Screw 5.5' | 3.5 Eco | 4x4 3.55 Max Tow | 33's, Tuned by BoostKing
482 Posts
Haven't done it myself yet, I have BD Manis on standby but would've gone with the latest OEM manifolds if I had known.

So they only advice I have for now, after reading other people's experiences with this job is:

• Plan to also replace the water and oil lines going into the turbos, as well as the fittings at the turbo.
  • Maybe plan the lift kit install for another weekend.

Check these posts for more:

Reactions: Boatwaco

·
Registered
128 Posts
Just did mine and used the same parts, I had a shop do it, I did turbos too and it was just too much money in parts for me to learn on. And I didn't want to risk running into an issue and having my truck immobile in my driveway. It looks like you did your research and have it figured out though. I am happy with the result. Since you are in there and it has to come off anyways, you could also do a set of turbo adaptors between the turbo exhaust outlet and the downpipes, it's just one extra restriction you can remove in the exhaust system. I honestly can't tell you if any 1 part made a difference because I pretty much did the whole exhaust starting at the block.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts