F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ecoboost owners and F150 owners are fanatics about their trucks, whether you are a man or a woman. Since joining the F150 club, I have really started to notice how many of us there are out there. I have also noticed that rarely do any of us acknowledge one another. How many times have you been behind a Harley or a street bike and see them acknowledge one another in passing!? It's not often that they don't. So being proud of our brand and our truck, why aren't we giving each other the same sort of wave or salute like the proud motorcycle guys do? I might be being ridiculous, but maybe I am just proud of my to be Built Ford Tough.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
We don't need to acknowledge each other to know we've made the right decision! That said, I look for the off set front plate to know the other guy or gal has made the right choice, and will raise my hand to them on passing.
Ha ha, I do the exact same thing. My wife even points out the off set plate now.

SPPD

·
Registered
229 Posts
Got the gf trained to know when an ecoboost is coming by the plate lol.

Sent from my iPhone using F150 EcoBoost

·
Registered
943 Posts
We don't have front plates in Michigan. I just look for the open hole in the front or the badges on the side of the door.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I live in Ohio, where we DO still have front plates, but I hate front license plates...just messes up the colors and lines of the vehicle in my opinion. And I really dislike the off-set plate on the Ecoboost. The same time I ordered my truck, I also had Ford get me the front plate delete kit that's stanard in state that don't have front plates. But I also watch for that off-set plate on other trucks and acknowledge appropriately. Seems like younger people have that same feeling. Some of the much older folks don't have that same vibe; more like they bought a truck that was on the dealer lot and didn't care what engine it had. I'm a washing/waxing fanatic on my truck...it's NEVER dirty. I was going to remove the side badges just because they collect dirt and get in the way of my waxing a little...but I've decided to leave them just because of the Ecoboost identification to other proud owners (in case they want to wave too).

·
Registered
329 Posts
I know what you mean. When I ride my bike, I wave to others on the road when they wave to me. Up here in alaska there are so many trucks that my hand would be off of the steering wheel more often than not.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Yup, Vette owners all do that, I call it the Harley Syndrome - an overwhelming urge to acknowledge people who have the same taste you do!

·
Registered
495 Posts
Jeeps do The Wave. :)

I will Thumbs Up or nod at a fellow EcoBeast at a light, but not really in traffic...
1.4 MILLION folks in San Antonio -- I'd be a waving fool!
And 2/3 of them are uninsured -- I am too busy dodging the Idjits.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
11 Participants
TraciInTexas
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing