F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been MIA for some time. I racked up about 150K miles on my 2014 3.5 and ordered a 2021 2.7 XLT in space white. Picked it up and made the swap this past weekend. So far I love it, and slowly the mods will begin. Happy to be back!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Nice!
May I ask, why did you not buy another 3.5?

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
That’s pretty awesome. I’d like to do the same but my 13 only has 62k on it and has been almost perfect. A/C blend door is the only thing that broke so far. I even still have the factory battery still. It’s hard for me to get back into payments again. Congrats on the new truck.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Welcome back and enjoy that new truck. I LOVE the Space White! Great choice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: Built4Boost

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice!
May I ask, why did you not buy another 3.5?
It seems everyone has been so happy with the power output from their custom tuned 2.7s, which is what I care about most since its my daily driver! :cool: Also, I really don't need the tow capacity and I know they are slightly better on fuel. I loved my 3.5 though.

·
Registered
6,871 Posts
If I didnt tow here in utah, a 2.7 would most likely be my first choice. They have a much better track record for reliability, they are cheap, and they get better MPG for sure.

Great looking truck.

·
Registered
6,078 Posts
Was there any problems with your truck at 150? What stuff did you have to replace in that time?

My 14 only has 60 on it lol

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
It seems everyone has been so happy with the power output from their custom tuned 2.7s, which is what I care about most since its my daily driver! :cool: Also, I really don't need the tow capacity and I know they are slightly better on fuel. I loved my 3.5 though.
We think alike. I don’t tow and I want that more reliable feeling. Better gas mileage is a plus. And at my age the next truck may be my last one.

·
Premium Member
2013 Ford F150 XLT 3.5 EgoBeast SuperCrew 4X4, 3.55 axles, 9.75" w/elocker
2,930 Posts
Reactions: Built4Boost

·
Premium Member
2,930 Posts
That’s pretty awesome. I’d like to do the same but my 13 only has 62k on it and has been almost perfect. A/C blend door is the only thing that broke so far. I even still have the factory battery still. It’s hard for me to get back into payments again. Congrats on the new truck.
Sounds like me. 84000 and still on original battery.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Was there any problems with your truck at 150? What stuff did you have to replace in that time?

My 14 only has 60 on it lol
No issues to be honest. Lost my horn at 145 that was it! Haha. Up until then, I did oil, plugs, brakes, and tires. Took good care of the truck and ran the right custom tunes, mainly my unleashed and 5 star tunes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,930 Posts
Never.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Great truck!
Questions........... When did you order it and when was it delivered? I ask this because my order was put in 3 weeks ago and the chip shortage has me concerned........

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Great truck!
Questions........... When did you order it and when was it delivered? I ask this because my order was put in 3 weeks ago and the chip shortage has me concerned........
So....long story longer....I actually ordered in November of 2020 in lead foot. The lead foot was delivered in March. I went to check it out and next to it was a space white that had just came off the truck as well. I fell in love with the space white and re-ordered the identical truck in space white :LOL:. So after re-ordering in March it took about 2 months. The chip shortage held the truck up for about 1 week at the factory, so I wouldn't be too worried about it.

·
Registered
91 Posts
THANK YOU for the response! My Sales Rep said orders have been taking about 8 weeks, which reflects what happened with yours. He also said that it "appears" that customer orders are getting a bit of a priority over regular dealer stock builds. Ha, I think he may know something he can't pass along............

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
THANK YOU for the response! My Sales Rep said orders have been taking about 8 weeks, which reflects what happened with yours. He also said that it "appears" that customer orders are getting a bit of a priority over regular dealer stock builds. Ha, I think he may know something he can't pass along............
No problem! I heard the same haha.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

·
Registered
91 Posts
What brand tires did it come with? They look like Goodyear as best I can determine.
My '17 came with Hankooks. They were crap, two leaked air and the traction was not great. I finally got Ford involved and they split the cost of Michelins, which are terrific!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts