F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new 2013, FX4, ecoboost arrived at the dealership yesterday so I took my 2004 F150 FX4 which I bought new, hunting one last time and handed over the keys today. Sure hope the new one is as trouble free as this one has been.

Now the new one. 2013 Black, F150, FX4, Ecoboost, Maxtow. I got it home and put the bed rug in it right away along with some weathertech mats. I got some Husky mud flaps as well but I am having trouble drilling a hole into my new truck to put them on. It goes in Friday morning to have the topper put on.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Took it on a 20 mile drive and it averaged 19 MPG going 60 MPH very pleased with that since its not even broke in yet.

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
Nice truck! I have an fx4 too, you are gonna love it!

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Sweet truck man! Towing mirrors look so Badass.........

I'm jealous.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got my topper put on today and put my homemade shelves in also had some led bed lights sitting here that I got wired up now just to load up my hunting gear hook up the trailer, load the ranger and enjoy the weekend.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I feel like I just bought my truck all over again with those pictures

You'll enjoy it! Especially when towing! Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Beautiful truck!

SPPD

·
Registered
873 Posts
Having an 04 fx4 as well I can say I understand any feelings of not wanting to trade. However having a 13 ecoboost, shudder free so far, runs pretty awesome when running good! I think you'll really like the new one.

Nice bed setup!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Very nice! I been out shopping toppers and bed liners. I'm really wanting to try the bedrug this go round.

Am I understanding right that you built the shelving? Can you explain how you did it? It must be in sections to remove?

·
Registered
13,052 Posts
I thought weathertech mud flaps were no holes drilless. I put holes in my truck last fall. I will be taking the flaps off & ensuring I primer up the metal & repainting. I want the clipped on weathertech flaps. Cost more but no rust starts with holes. I hope I didn't screw my truck up already ;(

·
Registered
197 Posts

·
Registered
5,416 Posts
You'll love the power ... remember that when you are filling her up and all will be good.

·
Registered
7,411 Posts
I have a set of weathertech flaps under the tree to open tomorrow. Can't wait to install! Will hopefully stop the salt and mud from flinging up the side of the truck and covering the side steps.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
'nother FX4 owner here :) Way to go with the max tow, the mirrors are awesome.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Very nice! I been out shopping toppers and bed liners. I'm really wanting to try the bedrug this go round.

Am I understanding right that you built the shelving? Can you explain how you did it? It must be in sections to remove?
Yes I did, I took 3/4 plywood and cut it into 3 sections to fit the bed of the truck. I then screwed a piece of angle iron to each side of the plywood for strength then I wrapped each section with marine carpet. Make sure that when you are figuring out how wide to cut your plywood sections that you figure in the angle iron and carpet. On my old truck the topper I did not have the liner so I attached angle iron on the lip of the topper as a track for the shelves to sit on. The new one with the liner seems to be fine since its just carpet on carpet. Having it in three sections is nice because if I want to haul something tall I can just stack them up.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts