F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone.
This is my first post on this forum and quite challenging I think

I have a 2013 Ecoboost Lariat, 95K Miles. The main problem was the poor fuel economy. I get about 10 MPG. Then I tried to find the cause of this and found what seems to be the total mess in the engine.
I recorded the Bluedriver scanner and it shows over 50K psi pressure on the fuel rail, very strange Timing advance, etc.

I will post a youtube video and I hope you guys can tell what is wrong with this engine.
YouTube Video:

·
Banned
332 Posts
Hello everyone.
This is my first post on this forum and quite challenging I think

I have a 2013 Ecoboost Lariat, 95K Miles. The main problem was the poor fuel economy. I get about 10 MPG. Then I tried to find the cause of this and found what seems to be the total mess in the engine.
I recorded the Bluedriver scanner and it shows over 50K psi pressure on the fuel rail, very strange Timing advance, etc.

I will post a youtube video and I hope you guys can tell what is wrong with this engine.
YouTube Video:
Scaling looks wrong. The sensor doesn't read that high....

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,382 Posts
Yeah thats insanely high. Higher than diesels go by a pretty wide margin so I would expect things to be exploding at that point.

I believe I have heard of this happening before and its an issue with how the software is reading the PID.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply guys. It may be a wrong reading but the main problem is not if it's 50K or 20K. You can see every other sensor is reacting to it and I can't ignore it.
I think cam phasers are done and that causes all of this but I'm more interested in listening to your opinions

·
Registered
6,382 Posts
Thanks for the reply guys. It may be a wrong reading but the main problem is not if it's 50K or 20K. You can see every other sensor is reacting to it and I can't ignore it.
I think cam phasers are done and that causes all of this but I'm more interested in listening to your opinions
Have you looked into replacing the rail sensor? Or if the wiring is frayed or anything. If the sensor truly is spitting out a voltage to the ECU that tells the ECU 50k psi, then it must be shorting or the sensor if bad.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Have you looked into replacing the rail sensor? Or if the wiring is frayed or anything. If the sensor truly is spitting out a voltage to the ECU that tells the ECU 50k psi, then it must be shorting or the sensor is bad.
I don't know if replacing the sensor will help. I'm more inclined to replace the timing components / find alleged short.

Any other thoughts guys? I can provide any information about the car. It has chain rattle on every other start

1 - 6 of 6 Posts