F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

41 - 60 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
I forgot to mention my transmission temps now stay in the 190 's form 205 ish . So my Raptor is a 2010 , it looks like the way the fans are wired is the low speed relay ,fans are in series and run at half speed , it has a high speed relay that kicks in and puts the fans in in parallel to receive full power and amperage . I think my tremor is controlled with a module that varies output to control fan speed. I know when i start the Tremor fans kick on for 10 seconds then off so i think if is a self test looking for load. If you wire your fans with separate wiring you may get and error or something. I think the diagram below this is how the system works on my raptor except signal come from ECU vs. Temp switch.

Attachments

Reactions: bespurcell

·
Registered
421 Posts

·
Registered
3,849 Posts
Excellent info brotha! So basically a clone could run a switch directly to fuse box to bypass relay and click that bad boy on high when towing heavy....beautiful-yes?!

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
421 Posts
You could jumper out one of the relays to make it stay on high which one not sure , as i did'nt want to experiment . Unless i had a legit wiring diagram. Thats why i decided to bypass system all together. 2 motorcraft fan connectors , Ron Francis 70 amp relay includes a 60 amp fuse wired to battery , trigger to turn on by 12 volt switch. I use raptor upfitter switch. If you find a key on 12 volt in fuse box you can use that to trigger and fire relay , so every time key is on fans are on. Like me you can unplug your system when you don't need to run fans all the time and go back to OEM control. which is fine under most circumstances.

Fan relay https://www.summitracing.com/parts/rfw-ar70

Fan connectors https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=6766168&cc=3305853&jsn=553

·
Registered
3,849 Posts
Funny thing....when I had my Titan I put dual monster electric fans on her.
Meaning I have an inline heavy amp fuse laying around- just for that purpose!
Play> Surfin Bird.
Niiiiiccccceee....you've inspired me!!!

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Here is the diagram for 2012. Show me how to put a switch in there to manually override!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Is this as easy as putting a switch to jump CEC07 and SBB15 to bypass the high side relay? Or better yet wire it to a 50 amp relay in say space 70 and trigger it with a fused 12v switch from the cab?

·
Registered
223 Posts
Interesting. In my fan thread we saw that the PCM can control speed with various percentages. Looking at the wiring diagram posted above it looks like it's just a low/high relay. Wonder if that actually happens or the fans are just 2 speed?

·
Registered
421 Posts
Thank you for the wiring diagram. Before i say what to jumper i'm going to look at this on my Tremor Saturday morning . I wouldn't want to brick somebody's computer.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Just to clarify, I'm not interested in complete control or low speed control. The issue is overheating so I just want to be able to flick a switch and get max fan regardless of if the PCM is calling for it or not. I'm certainly not an electrician. Thanks for being the Guinea pig!

·
Registered
421 Posts
I played around with it last night and popped 2 fuses 25 amp. Fuse #63 . Fuse relay power. Not going to mess with it anymore short on time on top of it. Kinda complicated with relays switch from series circuit low speed to parallel high speed. Only thing i will suggest that i know works is what i did on Raptor , run separate relay and fuse and connectors .

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Thanks for trying! I'm going to see how my new radiator performs before I get brave enough to start jumping relays. Based on the diagram I still think it should be doable.

·
Registered
3,849 Posts
I spoke with my guru tuner from 5*...Jacob!-lol
Told him I was going to pop a fuse for the high speed fan.
Umm, he said hold on!
He's working on some fan/tune magic. :wink:
This cat knows his stuff, and always works with me....even if I bug the shi* (err!>bribe?) out of him and Chris-lol
He now knows I pull in the hottest Arizona conditions around June, July, & August with a lot of long 7% grades.
And of course I will soon have either a 2018 or 19` 36.4' 9k dry Keystone Outback.....326RL.
Hold on.....I think I'll bust off a few emails to Obie 1!
I keep ya all posted!

·
Registered
421 Posts
I did come across this while looking for a fuse assortment . I may make some of these up from my popped fuses , that way you can use inexpensive fuses in a pinch or emergency. I have a crap load of mini fuses i got from a junkyard. Be nice to carry an adapter and spares. Jcase low profile fuses are pricey. Found a 30 piece set for $40 ish on Amazon. I ended pulling the fuses from my power seat and one from my Lightning to replace blown fan fuses . Till i get new fuses in monday.

Attachments

Reactions: bespurcell

·
Registered
421 Posts
Doing it in the Tune is best way. You can have a Arizona Tow Tune , and have fans kick on high at 190 degrees and ignore MPH or something . Then flash it to another tune when your not towing.

·
Registered
54 Posts
If I buy a 5* tune will they create a tune for for me that will turn the fans on high at 190 if I request it?

If I do buy a tune it would be the first tune over ever purchased.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,529 Posts
If I buy a 5* tune will they create a tune for for me that will turn the fans on high at 190 if I request it?

If I do buy a tune it would be the first tune over ever purchased.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
Yes they will

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

41 - 60 of 67 Posts