Registered
9,641 Posts
We may have, I need to play with it.

SSG Outdoors

Reactions: OxfordFX4

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
As long as it's a reversible, warranty friendly mod I'll be excited!

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
I gotta admit, I like the limited slip I had in my 97 F150 more than the open/electric lock diff in my 13...

Sure, the lock works fine when you enable it.. But, there are times when the limited slip just worked and you didn't have to do a damn thing.. Just push the gas pedal..

Oh well.. It's what it is and I can deal with it.. I don't drag race, and when I get into 4x4 situations, the 20 mph or whatever it is works fine.. When I go into 4 lo, I don't really need to be going 60 mph, so that's not an issue, and when I need 4 lo and lock the diff, it's not going to be a deal where these things are a worry..

Anyway, good luck!

Mitch

·
Registered
2 Posts
I would like to be able to lock the differential without shifting in to 4x4, but my switch/knob won't allow it. Do you suppose that is as easy as altering the switch?

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
I can engage mine when only in 2wd.. Mine, i just pull the knob out to lock the diff.

Mitch

Reactions: bespurcell

·
Premium Member
1,108 Posts
Mine works the same way, just pull the knob out. I also have 4 auto maybe the ones without that option have to be in 4wd?

·
Administrator
11,227 Posts
Mine locks just fine in 2wd. Pull the knob out like any other time. I do NOT have 4 auto.
I would like to be able to lock the differential without shifting in to 4x4, but my switch/knob won't allow it. Do you suppose that is as easy as altering the switch?
Baaaaaaaaaaa

·
Premium Member
1,108 Posts
There you go.^^^

·
Registered
5,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #74 ·
Mine works the same way, just pull the knob out. I also have 4 auto maybe the ones without that option have to be in 4wd?
I can lock my rear differential whether I am in 2WD or 4WD by pulling the knob. It still disengages at around 20mph (I typically only use during winter when snow is on the road).

PS: I do not have 4AUTO, just 2WD and 4WD.

61 - 74 of 74 Posts