F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Administrator
7,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This code has been coming up off and on for the last 3 weeks on my 2018 2.7 liter. It will light up the MIL for 3-4 days and the truck will see decreased MPG as well as throttle response. Once the light disappears, everything goes back to normal. Then the MIL will come back on 5-9 days later.

I called the closest and biggest dealership to me (<4 miles) and they are booked out for "shop" service until September 18th. By "shop" service, they mean anything outside of tire rotation and oil changes. I haven't called any other dealerships but I know I could get in before that time but my question is has anyone changed out this sensor without going to the dealership?

It has a TSB for it (19-2257) for the work on it and is a .3 hour job. I looked in a few other forums and all it takes is removing the engine cover (not actually needed but makes it a little easier), unclip the harness, remove the sensor with a 24mm socket, install the new sensor, and replace the engine cover. The part can be had for around $16 dollars so I am tempted to do it myself but unsure if there is any PCM changes that need to occur with the replacement as well. I am assuming not but wanted to ask the forum.

I have 43K miles but also have an ESP warranty but this is covered under the extended emissions or powertrain warranty (according to ThE iNtErNeT).

Attachments

·
Administrator
7,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Finally got around to changing out the sensor. Not sure if its supposed to be that caked with stuff or not? Lol

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

·
Moderstrator
1,872 Posts
@Steven.93 - Seems like the TSB up in Post #1 list this as only .3 hours work. The steps outlined in post #1 seem pretty straight forward. It may be worthwhile to get a new sensor and replace it yourself?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts