F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Discussion starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have a 2017 Ford F-150 2.7L ecoboost that is throwing engine code P1013 Wastegate Control Pressure Sensor.. I got this code after installing a turbosmart BOV kit. I also have a Injen throttle performance module. I think I got the error after I installed the Injen first then had it cleared and drove fine then the error came back after the turbosmart install. My truck has 72,000 miles on it and have been religous on its maintainence. I have been reading a lot of different fixes. I checked the hoses to the wastegates on the turbos and the wires and don't see issues there. I also seen where this could be a throttle body issue. Any ideas as to what a fix may be?

Hello, I have a 2017 Ford F-150 2.7L ecoboost that is throwing engine code P1013 Wastegate Control Pressure Sensor.. I got this code after installing a turbosmart BOV kit. I also have a Injen throttle performance module. I think I got the error after I installed the Injen first then had it cleared and drove fine then the error came back after the turbosmart install. My truck has 72,000 miles on it and have been religous on its maintainence. I have been reading a lot of different fixes. I checked the hoses to the wastegates on the turbos and the wires and don't see issues there. I also seen where this could be a throttle body issue. Any ideas as to what a fix may be?
Not sure if this might be helpful, but here’s one of my threads on some turbosmart bov issues. Turbosmart BOV troubles, anyone?

Discussion starter · #3 ·
Well believe it or not it was the pedal performance module. Just being plugged in generated voltage over 5.00 which is above the threshold. Take it out of the system and voltage drops below the threshold. Its staying out a, and returning it. No need for one. The tuner will be able to tune the throttle response. I have an appointment for a tune June 16th at Brew City Boost which is about a half hour from my house. They will dyno and tune. I have til then to get my other upgrades done. Doing cold air intake, cat back exhaust, and maybe a throttle body,

Well believe it or not it was the pedal performance module. Just being plugged in generated voltage over 5.00 which is above the threshold. Take it out of the system and voltage drops below the threshold. Its staying out a, and returning it. No need for one. The tuner will be able to tune the throttle response. I have an appointment for a tune June 16th at Brew City Boost which is about a half hour from my house. They will dyno and tune. I have til then to get my other upgrades done. Doing cold air intake, cat back exhaust, and maybe a throttle body,
Throttle body is a waste of money, spend it on something else. There’s barely if any gain from them. That was told to me by a reputable tuner.

Discussion starter · #5 ·
Throttle body is a waste of money, spend it on something else. There’s barely if any gain from them. That was told to me by a reputable tuner.
Yup made my appointment with Brew City Boost for a tune and dyno on June16th and they said the same thing. Forget the throttle body and upgrade the Intercooler. so I bought the CVFab Titan. Should be in this week.

Yup made my appointment with Brew City Boost for a tune and dyno on June16th and they said the same thing. Forget the throttle body and upgrade the Intercooler. so I bought the CVFab Titan. Should be in this week.
Sweet! I have the same intercooler, it’s enormous!

How was the install? Does it fit or did you have to modify anything.
Well I'm 69 near 70, short and fat, and installed my Titan CAC by myself, without jacking or lifting the front up on my 2wd 2017 F150. The Titan is a chunk of weight so I used the OEM sisors jack to hold it in place while I started the support bolts in. While in there you can pull the shutter louvers out of the drive, they are flexible. I'm in Burlington nearby if the old brain is functioning, stop for a brew someday and talk about BCB??? KM

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.