F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving to work, on factory stock tune, the one recently updated with recall.
Boom, went to limp mode 80mph in traffic. Tough to get over when you have no gas pedal.
P2112 started right up again. Drove to work.

I have been thinking it was running a little rougher lately.

Throttle body cleaning? This work for anyone?

2013 140k miles.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So searching throttle body yielded nothing. But searching the error code p2112 yielded tons of threads advising to check the other thread.
Which other thread?

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So does cleaning the throttle body help, or does it just need a new one?

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I got some throttle body cleaner and sprayed it out.
I only took off the intake, I didn't remove the throttle body.
There was black soot or something in there.

It did it once in the way to work and once in the way home. I got a new air filter while I was at it.

If it does it again, it's straight to the dealer.
Auto zone could not find a code. My tuner gave me the code. I called the dealer and it was $450 for the oem throttle body part. Auto zone has it for $150, forget the brand.

Reading the posts, it may be warranted and sometimes aftermarket doesn't fix it.

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank all of you for your replies!

So it's been 2 days since the cleaning and air filter and no problems.

I almost wonder if it was the air filter. Throttle body did not look bad, but I cleaned it anyway.

I had gotten an air filter that let a smaller particle size threw, it was dirty and I knew it, but maybe it all added up.

Anyway, fingers crossed.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I have no input on the subject at hand, just figured I'd give you a reply since no one else has....LOL.. I know personally i'm having a hard time adjusting the the new layout and format of the forum, maybe that is the case with many others??

hopefully the new air filter and TB cleaning fixed your problem. It's probably time I give my TB a good cleaning as well.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Your story sounds very similar. I took the truck in Friday before labor day weekend for the shifting recall, pretty quick and painless. Drove up in the Mtns Saturday, on the way home acceleration pwr just died, orange wrench, P2112 DTC. Debated trying to make it home since we were in the middle of nowhere, let it cool down and was able to limp home. Next day started up with no CEL and no issues, didn't really drive it around the following week, until I had to pick my kid up at school, on the way there it did the same thing, loss of acceleration, this time there was no CEL or P211 DTC, was able to limp back and forth and called dealer to ask if it would have anything to do with the recall fix the week before. Of course they said no and to bring it in so they can run diagnostics. So I did, brought it in this past Friday, heard back from them the following Tuesday, they said it is a bad Throttle Body, along with wanting to replace spark plugs + boots (I did that a few months back so they couldn't be bad that quickly), along with the injection service to get rid of carbon buildup, total costing $1300, with no guarantee that would fix it, they would then keep it longer and drive it around. I asked them to send me a price breakdown so I could talk to the wife then make a decision. I already know what the decision is, I want to see what they charge for everything. Going on 2nd day now, I'm traveling, and they still haven't emailed me the price breakdown.

I'd like to know if the injection service is bs or actually helpful, if anyone knows?? I plan on getting my truck back from them when I get back in town and doing everything myself, with the exception of the injection cleaning, would like to know more about it and how much it costs first.

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
4 Participants
WooBoost
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing